Recommendations for a quiet Pellet Rife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for a quiet Pellet Rife

Let's just say that "my Neighbor" is having a pigeon problem, they are roosting under his solar panels...

He is exploring all channels to deal with this issue... He asked me for my opinion. Having never owned a pellet gun/rifle, I am coming to you...

Thanks, Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Re: Recommendations for a quiet Pellet Rife

http://www.gamousa.com/family.aspx?family=Whisper Fusion Series&familyID=100

http://www.gamousa.com/rifles.aspx
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I bought one of these not too long ago at my local Sports Authority. Very impressed and the scope is very useable as well. Fairly quiet and extremely powerful.

http://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-...air-rifle.html
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Hey Doug I have an accurate and strong RWS pellet gun you guys can try out!

Comment

Put a post up, and show the cat where they are!
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

those are very loud pellet rifles, breaking the sound barrier is breaking the sound barrier.

I'd probably just rock and ol fashion pump up 17 cal pellet rifle. Might be easier to explain to the boys in blue. Plus it would be hundreds of $$$$ cheaper and accomplish the job all the same.
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
              those are very loud pellet rifles, breaking the sound barrier is breaking the sound barrier.
              Yep! I have a Crossman Fury nitro piston model in .177. 1200 fps muzzle velocity. I feel comfortable taking one or two shots in the back yard, but much more than that and the sound draws attention. My neighbors are too close anyway. I have no doubt it would wreak havoc on small pests but have not had the opportunity to prove that. One or two shots falls into the "what the heck was that" category. More is "who's shooting".
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Thx for the opinions...

So I am in agreement that $300.00 is a bit much, more than what I paid for a Stainless 10/22 a few years ago...

I guess I will keep looking... Sonny said that maybe... he can help out my Neighbor with a temporary solution.

Comment

I can help out as well
                  69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

I have both Crossman and GAMO break barrel guns. I like them both, both are equally as loud or quiet. Noise is greatly affected by pellet choice. Get the bullet nose lead game pellet. I find its the quietest. All lightweight aluminum, copper/plastic, etc. hunting pellets are very loud and crack like a .22 when they pop the sound barrier.

I got my GAMO referb from GAMO for under 100 with a nice scope. I got the Crossman on WOOT off for 59 with a crappy scope, but would work well for your situation.

Both of these guns at 40 yards (or more!!) will flip a squirrel over backwards killing it dead.

Of course, there is always the third option...THWACK!!!
                    Attached Files
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

just remember it's only illegal if you get caught.

Comment

I am all for blasting pests but this will solve your problem for $7 bucks.
                        Amazingly effective.

http://www.groworganic.com/bird-scar...-500-roll.html

It reflects light in all directions and makes the birds nervous.
                        I realize pigeons roost at night, probably a few LED shining on it for a few weeks and they will not come back even at night.
                        Certainly not as fun as shooting but much simpler.
                        IronHide: '69 U15 - 408W Stroker, FiTech EFI Dyno'ed 425 hp/ 500 Tq - NP435, Twin Stick D20 w/ AA output shaft, D44 & F 9" w/ ARB's front & rear, 4:88's, 31 Splines, 3" BL / 2" SL, TrailReady BL's on siped Toyo 35's, WH Wrap Trap, BCB Top, Warn Zeon 10, ProtoFabs

Comment

what about subsonic rounds for a 22? My buddy was just talking about those at work.

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
                            what about subsonic rounds for a 22? My buddy was just talking about those at work.
                            Mini Caps... They work well in bolt actions, not so well in a 10/22.

Comment

subsonic only means that the round itself is traveling less than the speed of sound. A device would still be necessary to muffle the sound of the expansion of the gas.

Comment

Working...
                              X