Moose Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose Hunt

Just booked a Moose hunt up in Northern British Columbia for Sep 2015 (yes 23 months). It will be filmed for TV on the Outdoor Channel. Fly into Ft Nelson then drive for a ways then horseback for a day. Suppose to be some world class Moose in this area, meaning over 60" width headgear! Would think this will yield more meat than I can possibly eat in a year.... Thinking there might be a BBQ or two in the making!
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Moose Hunt

You booked it! Awesome, that will be an epic journey! Count me in for said BBQ... I will supply some good beer and/or wine.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

That's awesome! I'm not big into hunting but that is a trip that would be a lot of fun and moose is supposed to be good eating!!
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Do I hear retirement gift to ones self, very nice.

Comment

No decision on retirement yet Dave. That being said, I am now with Team Teflon. It is a good feeling knowing I'm just one bad day away from pulling the plug. This is just an opportunity that I had to take advantage of.

Comment

What kinda cartridge do you take one moose with? 300 win mag, 338 variety?

Sounds like an awesome trip.
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

some of the best jerky I've ever had was Moose.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                What kinda cartridge do you take one moose with? 300 win mag, 338 variety?

Sounds like an awesome trip.
                I would've taken my .338 Win Mag but I will be forced to use one of the sponsors custom built Bergara rifles. I believe it will be either a 300 or a 338.

Comment

Heading out into the woods with another mans rifle......for shame sir. Do you pack a revolver for stuff that deep in the bush?

Comment

Heading out into the woods with another mans rifle......for shame sir. Do you pack a revolver for stuff that deep in the bush?
                    Yes, I know! But I will be outfitted with clothing (sponsor) backpack (sponsor) rifle (sponsor) optics (sponsor) binocs (sponsor) most will be mine at the end of the hunt.

Comment

Sounds like you'll need a caddie to help caryy all that gear. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything that week

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
                        Yes, I know! But I will be outfitted with clothing (sponsor) backpack (sponsor) rifle (sponsor) optics (sponsor) binocs (sponsor) most will be mine at the end of the hunt.
                        Now that's cool, nothing like heavily discounted or free gear. Who is sponsoring your optics anyone fancy?

Comment

Now that's cool, nothing like heavily discounted or free gear. Who is sponsoring your optics anyone fancy?
                          Burris Eliminator for the scope, Burris on spotting scope and Steiner for the binocs

Comment

WoW thats a epic trip for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X