Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA Build Kit

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...rifle-kit.html

Just ordered on of these for a polymer lower I have. How can this deal be beaten??? 600 Shipped to Nevada. I don't think it has the California BB so I just drop shipped to my Mom's. I'll post up pics of the build.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: PSA Build Kit

It's a build kit (no lower included) you could have shipped it to your house.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
      It's a build kit (no lower included) you could have shipped it to your house.

You'd be amazed on what companies won't ship to California. This kit wasn't on the California approved page and it doesn't have the Cal bullet button. That coupled with the fact that these guys don't answer the phone and played it safe.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I have ordered and received non-California parts kits from PSA. They don't seem to have an issue sending items to California addresses. PSA is a great store and they have really good prices. I order bullet buttons from Calegalmags.com and Golden State Tactical. I can't wait to see how your build turns out. I am currently in the market for an upper.

Comment

I'm going to start my 80% build right after Thanksgiving and I'm also in the market for an upper. Let me know which one you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireman View Post
            I have ordered and received non-California parts kits from PSA. They don't seem to have an issue sending items to California addresses.
            That's good to know. I'll see if I can get a hold of them to change ship to.

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
            I'm going to start my 80% build right after Thanksgiving and I'm also in the market for an upper. Let me know which one you get.

I got the one in the link which was on sale for 589. I saw the link was misdirected after if was off sale but I fixed it. How can I go wrong at that price which includes a full length rail? They fully assemble upper and test fire before shipping which takes at least 3 weeks.

Comment

Thanks Carl.

Comment

PSA has been doing good things in the industry. You can also check out Surplus Ammo & Arms, they usually have really good prices on uppers & kits. They are also the main vendor for BlackHole Weaponry barrels (one of my personal favorite AR barrel manufacturers).

Lately I've assembled rifles using VytaminC Tacticle out of La Habra. The guys I've helped put together rifles have been very pleased with the product. VT has been my supplier for magpul and vltor for several years now but he started producing his own uppers and keeping his prices extremely low, even during the craziness of the last few years.

Comment

I built the FMK polymer lower this afternoon. Everything fit perfectly except for the rear take down in conjunction with the upper. Its just a LITTLE tight and is not movable without a little persuasion. A light tap from a punch and small hammer does it. I'll look deeper later to see why the upper isn't going down all the way. It's only off a C*nt hair.

PICS:

I mixed matched uppers and lowers. The FMK lower is on the top with the standard M4. The gun on the bottom has the PSA full floating MI upper and my CORE 15 lower. The PSA upper is really a smooth operator with a great fit and finish. Helluva buy! Now to look to the next one down the road. I'm going to get some better components than these entry levels and build a .308.

I assume the little piece in pic 4 is for a sling mount, but where does it go?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was looking into poly lowers and it seems like what your experiencing is a very common issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X