Ammo Availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo Availability

FYI, Went to a gun dealer show today in Sac. Several ammo manufactures there with promised deliveries in 2 to 3 weeks. Everyone was limited in the amount you could purchase so don't expect the ammo flood gates to open any time soon.

As a reminder to my fellow shooters MIWALL has their fathers day opening coming soon. Its the once a year event the public can buy from them outside gun shows. June 15-16 at 13235 Grass Valley Ave, Grass Valley. Hours are 9-4 Sat and 9-3 Sun....

I would expect first thing in the morning to be a mad house.
    Last edited by workin it; 06-05-2013, 08:15 PM. Reason: spellng

Re: Ammo Availability

For Fathers Day 2 years ago I got to Milwall around 11m and we only waited for about 30 min till our numbers got called. We bought all kinds of ammo.
    Last year we got there early - around 9:30am - crowd was four times the size from the year before - we didnt get our number called till about 1pm and most everything was sold out.
    Cant go this year but I would like to hear from somebody who goes this year....
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

In !
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

The flood gates have not exactly opened but I've been able to buy a couple hundred rounds of .45acp lately. Got 100 rounds here in town during an ammo sale, and had some come in from out of state courtesy of my parents who were traveling recently. This is better than simply not being able to find it for the last year or so.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
          In !
          Hey Rick what time you goin? I'm thinking early Saturday morning around 8:00 am and get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
            Hey Rick what time you goin? I'm thinking early Saturday morning around 8:00 am and get in line.
            Yup, early!! open open open!
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
              The flood gates have not exactly opened but I've been able to buy a couple hundred rounds of .45acp lately. Got 100 rounds here in town during an ammo sale, and had some come in from out of state courtesy of my parents who were traveling recently. This is better than simply not being able to find it for the last year or so.
              I was at the Walmart in Ukiah a couple weeks ago and picked up 300 rounds of 22 long. They had the 22s, 45s, 40s, 9 and 38s along with some random stuff. I swapped the semi auto 22 rifle for a single shot for my son to shoot. Ammo should last a bit longer that way.
              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I've been in CA a month and haven't had an issue buying ammo.
                72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

[QUOTE=69crawler;139526]I was at the Walmart in Ukiah QUOTE]

Should of said something maybe we could of had lunch
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bronco Brian;139557]
                    Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                    I was at the Walmart in Ukiah QUOTE]

Should of said something maybe we could of had lunch
                    We were heading up to Penny pines Memorial weekend to ride. We lucked out and got the last campsite.
                    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I took the Hunter Safety Instructor training yesterday. One of the instructors getting his yearly hours in said he worked in the range below Miwall. He said first 50 numbers go the range members.

First years past is it worth waiting for Sunday and the rush to go away or is that too late.

Comment

I went to the Miwall sale yesterday. I got there a little after 8:00 am. It opened at 9:00. A guy was handing out numbers. I got number 488. I asked him what time he started giving out numbers. He said 6:00 am. I saw a Bronco buddy there who had number 21. He got there at 4:00 am. When they started letting people in I could see that it would be hours before I got in and there might not be any ammo left. I went into the Range next door and picked up 250 rounds of 223 and 200 rounds of 9mm. It wasn't on sale but at least I got some and didn't have to stand in line all day.

Comment

Working...
                        X