Road Trip and a Visit to Tom's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip and a Visit to Tom's

Well the Family and I have returned from our Disney cruise to Alaska. We drove to Vancouver, BC with a few stops in between, like Crater Lake where the snow is still 8' high. We had some time in downtown Seattle, while the Gay pride parade was going on... We cut our time short there as there was too much to explain to my sons on why the men had their "Butts hanging out" and why the girls were covering their boobs with tape x's... Then there was the topics of discussion being shouted from the floats... Pikes market was good, but packed with people. It was clear and warm, with great views from the Space needle. Vancover BC is a clean, beautiful city, I wish we had more than half a day to explore it... Our ports of call were Skagway, Juneau, and Ketkitcan on the Disney ship the "Wonder". We had family from Florida on the cruise and the kids just did their thing while we parents relaxed... There was alot of food, probably the thing I hate most about cruises. Especially, when the soft serve machine is always open for business! The weather in AK was cool, mid 50's with light rain. We did see alot of the country and history of each area and I stayed away from the tourist shops... There was a full service Ace Hardware store (Guns, ammo, fishing, hunting) in Skagway who's motto was: If we do not have it then you do not need it". I have seen more than my share of Disney movies and cartoons for a while. The seven days on ship went far too quick...
    While we had cool weather driving up, it was very warm driving home. It seems that summer has arrived on the West coast... I got to stop in Tacoma, WA and visit Griots garage and I made a few purchases... We spent the night in Medford OR, so the next morning I paid a visit to Tom's Bronco parts for the nickle tour. I got to look over some of their products and talked with Jake and Garrett for quite some time. We kicked a few tires on the Bronco's out front, including Garrett's 72 Luber. And after about 1.5 hrs, I figured I should get back to the Hotel and Garrett probably needed to get back to work. So with all my purchases loaded (including a couple of free shirts, a new hood, a side mirror, and a new windshield) we headed home, with one small over night stop at Clear Lake to visit family.
    We were gone 15 days, put over 2500 miles on the 02 Super duty (which ran perfectly) It was one of those Family trips that we will always be able to talk about...

Thanks to Jake and Garrett for spending the time with a fellow Bronco nut and answering all my questions about their products, the business, and the area.

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Re: Road Trip and a Visit to Tom's

Sounds like a great family trip!!

Comment

Sounds awesome. Miss the Bronco while you were away? :-)

Comment

Medford, my stomping grounds... This is always a great time of year to visit Crater Lake. The Bluebird Skies always make the snow look spectacular and the water so blue! BTW, I will be headed up to Diamond Lake, real close to Crater Lake, later this month for some great Rainbow Trout fishing. Always a great time up in the So Oregon area... Sounds like you had a pretty relaxing trip Doug. Glad you had a good time.

Brad
        1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Great report Doug, I'm leary of ship trips, always think I would go nuts on a 'small' area for the time aboard, wife still wants to go.....we'll see
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
            Great report Doug, I'm leary of ship trips, always think I would go nuts on a 'small' area for the time aboard, wife still wants to go.....we'll see
            [Begain Highjack]

Best VAC. I feel you could give your wife (other than sending her off by herself.) Sign and sail baby sing and sail. Lots to do on a ship new port for day trip every day or eveyother day. At the most 2 says at sea before you get off ( they want your Booze money.) Get a small group together and go have a Small party bring the workers into the party too they will be your new friend's. Been on 4 cruises can't wait till 2013 25 year Annv. and our cruise to Alaska. Any body want to go ?

[End Highjack]
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

So what did you wear?............................................. ...in the parade???

'88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                So what did you wear?............................................. ...in the parade???

I did not participate, but I did see the outfit you wore up in SF last year...
                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Do you need it back?
                  '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Working...
                  X