Image Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Size

I thought I'd give a few hints for image resizeing.

First, if you have windows XP, you should have a built in image resizer, "Microsoft Photo Editor". The way I use it is to right click on the image I want resized. A menu will appear with more options. Choose open with and look for the appropriate choice. If you don't see the photo editor listed, choose "browse" and you should be able to find it in there.
    71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Second, Microsoft has a "Power Toy" available (for XP) that has an "Image Resizer" MS Power Toys Image Resizer

With this tool, the only time you'll see it after installing it is when you right click on and image. The great thing about this tool is it allows you to do a bunch of images at once. All you have to do is hold your control key down on an image (after you've selected one already) and it allows you to select multiple images. When you've got all your pics selected, right click on one of them and resize.

71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

Third, the thing I didn't understand at first was the difference between picture size and the file size of the picture. The same picture can have different file sizes depending on the quality it was saved at. Right click on these three images and click properties. Note the differences in file size, yet the picture size is the same. High quality or resolution pics are not really needed for web use. I don't think the above two image resizer have and option for the quality of the saved pic. File size is reduced in proporetion with the original picture. I'm sure there are many other options available on the web to handle this. I use Adobe Photoshop, however this is not free.

Comment

Thanks for the good info. I found that I was taking my pics in high resolution...the pics were 500kb+, so I lowered the quality of the camera images. So now, the pics at full size are around 100kb. So, using paint, I can skew to 90% and fit them in here. With the high res, I was trying to shrink them small enough to fit, but doing this they were 2x2 inches...

I don't have the options that you show above...

I will look into getting them...thanks again for the help...I'm not usually this computer illiterate
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
          Thanks for the good info. I found that I was taking my pics in high resolution...the pics were 500kb+, so I lowered the quality of the camera images. So now, the pics at full size are around 100kb. So, using paint, I can skew to 90% and fit them in here. With the high res, I was trying to shrink them small enough to fit, but doing this they were 2x2 inches...

I don't have the options that you show above...

I will look into getting them...thanks again for the help...I'm not usually this computer illiterate
          DELTA I think you are missing the picture........... All of his pictures are him making it over the rock pile!!!!! NOT broken down on the side!!! I think he is making a point...
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I think the picture will be my front tire on your hood!!

Just kidding of course...I always look at a breakage in a good way...it gives me an opportunity for an upgrade...although I thought tera gears and the HD rear out put would be enough for a while...time for a 203/205 combo...or maybe a 5to1 Atlas...buy some more of my shiat so I can get some goodies...
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I always use the largest picture and the best quality. You never know when you're gonna get a pic that you're gonna want to frame and put on the wall. I've missed out on a couple of those already.

Comment

Working...
              X