My new bumper..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new bumper..

I just wanted to show off my latest add on.. Thanks Carl!!
    Attached Files
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

I like it. It looks a lot like mine.
    71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

That is a cool looking bumber. Where did you get it and how much $$$ are talking about?

Comment

I got a GOOD deal from a friend.. I may have spent more money on primer and paint than for the bumper.. Next I'm looking at the Warn m8000..
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
          I just wanted to show off my latest add on.. Thanks Carl!!
          Looks good!! Glad I could help out...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Save your money up and get the 9500 warn, you will not be happy with the 8000. JMO
            70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

I have the HS9500I and couldn't be happier...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Ya but $$$... I need to get rims & tires too..

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                I have the HS9500I and couldn't be happier...
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I've also got the HS9500i and have used it just a few times, but it has worked great.

Comment

Hey Aaron, isn't there a mass buy on MTR's going on on classic broncos?
                    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

That mass buy is from someone in L.A. and they must be picked up..
                      The money in gas would cut out the savings..

Originally posted by kwspony
                      Hey Aaron, isn't there a mass buy on MTR's going on on classic broncos?
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

i went to just tire and they gave me a great deal
                        70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

I got a GOOD deal from a friend.. I may have spent more money on primer and paint than for the bumper.. Next I'm looking at the Warn m8000..

I got the 8000 but the more I think about it I should have gone with the 9500. I have not officially weighed the vehicle but after seeing the stats of how much more the bronco weighs when on an incline or when stuck, I now know I will be using the snatch block to feel safe. Not a big deal to me though cause I do not ususally run in the rought stuff. And if I am stuck I have nothing else to do but just an fyi...

following info from

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/

Surface resistance
                          A pull of 1/10 LW will cause a free wheeling truck to move on a hard, level surface.

A pull of 1/3 LW will cause a free wheeling truck to move on a softer surface, such as grass or gravel,

Damage resistance:
                          A pull of 2/3 LW will be required to move if the wheels cannot rotate (as if the brakes were fully applied), the pull required to overcome the resistance (drag) the truck id 2/3 or 67% of the LW. Damage resistance includes surface resistance (i.e. you only use one or the other)

Stuck (mire) resistance:
                          A pull of 100% of LW will be required if the truck is stuck to a depth of the sidewall on the tires.

A pull of 200% of LW will be required if the truck is stuck to the hubs.

A pull of 300% of LW will be required if the truck is stuck to the frame..

Mire resistance includes damage resistance (i.e. you only use one or the other)

Grade (slope) resistance:
                          Upgrade (vehicle has to be recovered up a slope or grade)

15 degrees - add 25% of LW

30 degrees - add 50% of LW

45 degrees - add 75% of LW

Vehicle recovery on level ground - no correction

Downgrade (vehicle has to be recovered down a slope or grade)

15 degrees - subtract 25% of LW

30 degrees - subtract 50% of LW

45 degrees - subtract 75% of LW

Final figure:
                          Add surface or damage or mire resistance and grade resistance, and this is your final figure or rolling resistance. This is the amount of pull the winch must apply in order to recover the stuck vehicle.

Example:
                          My trail rig fully kitted out weighs in at 5000 lbs. I get stuck down a rock ravine that's about 45 degrees steep, and there are big rocks up to the frame hanging it up. Rolling resistance is 5000lbs x 3 + (5000 x 0.75) = 18,750 lbs. As you can see, this is significantly more than the 5000lbs x 1.5 - 7500lbs the manufacturers would have you believe. You may be wondering how one could ever possibly recover the vehicle in this example, given that the largest commercially available 4x4 recovery winch is 15000 lbs and that most are in the 8-9000lb range. The answer is by using multi-line rigging, which we shall explore in a moment.

Comment

WOW thanks for the info!!
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

WOW thanks for the info!!

No problem... just something to think about...

Comment

Working...
                              X