New Lift... Now got the Bronco Lean..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lift... Now got the Bronco Lean..

I installed a Dana 44 with new springs and bushings. Now I have the bronco lean. I realize I have probably installed the radius arms not parallel. I believe I have my bushings in right. My question is,, is there any way to fix the lean without pulling the whole front axle out?

The passenger headlight is about 3/4" higher than the driver side.
    The rear taillight is about 1 1/4" above the driver side.
    The rear looks worse than the front as far as the lean goes.

KWSPONY time to come over and we'll have a wrenching party..
    Aaron
    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 02-28-2005, 04:20 PM.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

i am going to get some new springs before I tear mine apart again. the ones I have now don't flex at all. currently bidding on some deavers on ebay. If that doesn't work I am ordering duffs.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I got mine from B.C. they look to be top quality!! Bounce up and down in the garage real nice.. Now looking for some bilstiens after i fix the lean...
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

BC sells deavers don't they? what did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking. The auction ends tomorrow so I will know then if I won.
        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I paid the 160.00. 3.5" with winch.. They are nice!!
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
            I installed a Dana 44 with new springs and bushings. Now I have the bronco lean. I realize I have probably installed the radius arms not parallel. I believe I have my bushings in right. My question is,, is there any way to fix the lean without pulling the whole front axle out?

The passenger headlight is about 3/4" higher than the driver side.
            The rear taillight is about 1 1/4" above the driver side.
            The rear looks worse than the front as far as the lean goes.

KWSPONY time to come over and we'll have a wrenching party..
            Aaron

You might wanna wait until the springs are worked in before you make any changes...but, here are a couple of choices..

Shim (block)the driver's rear axle. Go to Dentoni's or hanleys...get 3 or 4 pieces of spring material 4" long...with center holes in them..and then add them to the bottom of your spring pack...using your center pin. You will need a longer center pin. This is a normal way...I have done it before and have used this method on customers rig. You can also use a 1" block on one side if you wish...

Also, try swapping the rear leafs. I'm not sure if the deaver are made for right and left. The driver's spring would naturally need to be stiffer because of the driver's weight and the spare fuel tank. Call Chuck on this...

Also, you might have seen this...but
            http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/tech_faqs_bronco_lean.asp
            Last edited by Delta 4 Wheel; 03-01-2005, 01:17 AM.
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

i put a max bid of $135 on them. I guess I can just order some if I don't win.

Comment

well I got me some new springs now $132.50. with shipping it will be just below $160.

Comment

NICE!! are you going to tear the front out when replacing the springs? I have done it both way's now.. Its almost easier to remove the axle and do everything.. C bushings and all.
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

the c bushings are only a few months old now. Yeah, I am ging to pull it all again. except maybe the brake lines.

Comment

Loosen up the C bushing bolts, spray some lube in there, Jump up and down like an Ape on that front bumper, then retighten the bolts, that normaly helps the lean.
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I have thought of that.. I did't know if that would work.
                        KK6DAD
                        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I would consider checking the radius arms also. I have seen broncos with bent radius arms that caused the front end to lean. I have a bent radius arm on the passenger side and my bronco use to lean. but the WAH i guess eliminated that problem.
                          70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbronco
                            I would consider checking the radius arms also. I have seen broncos with bent radius arms that caused the front end to lean. I have a bent radius arm on the passenger side and my bronco use to lean. but the WAH i guess eliminated that problem.

It was strait before i started, So i think it's something i did..
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                            X