New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Home

We get the keys to our brand new home on Friday....

It has a few things that our 81 year old home is lacking:

1. Insulation
    2. Windows that close
    3. Doors that close
    4. A heater that's not in the floor
    5. A/C
    6. Dishwasher
    7. Carpet; not hard wood
    8. 2 car garage instead of a one car that leaks (BAD)

What in the hell am I going to do with all of this luxury??
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Thats great. Now you get to start personalizing it. Let the landscaping begin.
    71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

I can't believe how much stockton has grown. I graduated there in 83 and remember alot of farm fields everywhere. Now it's all houses and shopping malls. We used to live behind the grocery store at hammer and west lane.
      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Congrats on the new home! Now the real work starts
        Mark Langford
        Dysfunctional Rockcrawlers Member

91 YJ, 6.0 Vortec, T18, 4:1 D300, D60's 5.13's ARB & Detroit, R.E. SOA Leafs in front & 5.5" RE Coils w/4-link in the rear, 42" Iroks on Walker Evans Beadlocks.

Comment

New home!

I second that...congratulations! Now the folks at Home Depot will know you by your first name! Assuming they don't already.
          72 Sport

Comment

The backyard landscaping and the nursury will be the scope of my work for a while. That is why we bought NEW!! I am tired of home projects...I think I'll even hire a gardener to mow and blow...

Hell, I might even start my newest project...aside from my EB and the 66 Charger 383 4 speed that I am restoring for my uncle...I picked up a couple of FJ-40's. I am going to sell the 73, and resto-restore the 76. SOA with 33's. Let the wifey drive it. (don't laught at the FJ-40's...one was free and the other was REAL cheap)
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by lagox4
              I second that...congratulations! Now the folks at Home Depot will know you by your first name! Assuming they don't already.

81 year old home!!!! OOH, they know me. The only thing is my business accountant is wondering why so much home depot crap is needed at a 4x4 shop...

Comment

I dont need a reason for going to Home Depot, one of my favorite places to go next to the 4x4 shop of course. Other hobby of mine is home renovation.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                  The backyard landscaping and the nursury will be the scope of my work for a while. That is why we bought NEW!! I am tired of home projects...I think I'll even hire a gardener to mow and blow...

Hell, I might even start my newest project...aside from my EB and the 66 Charger 383 4 speed that I am restoring for my uncle...I picked up a couple of FJ-40's. I am going to sell the 73, and resto-restore the 76. SOA with 33's. Let the wifey drive it. (don't laught at the FJ-40's...one was free and the other was REAL cheap)

I agree. Do It Yourself home projects and yardwork are my least favorite.
                  I keep adding concrete around my house. I can mow the grass in one shot without having to empty the bag now.
                  Less time working...more time to play.
                  Now if I can only figure out how to accomplish that.

Comment

Gratz on the new home
                    1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

Comment

I little pic of the 1855 sf.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Delta 4 Wheel; 03-01-2005, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C
                        I agree. Do It Yourself home projects and yardwork are my least favorite.
                        I keep adding concrete around my house. I can mow the grass in one shot without having to empty the bag now.
                        Less time working...more time to play.
                        Now if I can only figure out how to accomplish that.
                        yardwork, projects...Hate, hate, hate, hate hate hate......loath entirely (quote, GRINCH)

I am going to landscape the back with just that. Lots of concrete...jaccuzzi, hammock...and a bar...the rest can wait. But not like the yard is huge to begin with...

Comment

Least it looks nice from the curb!

Look better with a couple EBs in the driveway though.

Comment

House looks great. Congradulations.
                            81 year old home!!!! OOH, they know me.
                            Me too, first home was built in 1918. Ya, ya it was still standing.
                            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

definitely tired of old homes...

But with bringing the Cry Baby home, I didn't want the dust and cold nights of the old home..

Comment

Working...
                              X