Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WON a JEEP, now what do I do?

Gents and Ladies,

I got back from Winter vacation in Florida with my Family and found out the I won California Association of 4 wheel clubs sweepstakes Jeep.

http://www.cal4wheel.com/

So now comes the question, which Bronco has to go?
    My 75 is done and a nice driver, the 77 is mechanically done, but still the diamond in the rough. Decisions, decisions...
    Yes I know it is a J#*p, no I cannot keep all three. Dare I ask for opinions? I am in no hurry or under great pressure. Thanks in advance, I think...

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

I say sell that POS jeep and build your shop. . Congrats on the win!
    Ken
    69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

WOW, congratulations!!!
      Now go play the lotto so you can help all of us out.

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
      Gents and Ladies,

I got back from Winter vacation in Florida with my Family and found out the I won California Association of 4 wheel clubs sweepstakes Jeep.

So now comes the question, which Bronco has to go?
      My 75 is done and a nice driver, the 77 is mechanically done, but still the diamond in the rough. Decisions, decisions...
      Yes I know it is a J#*p, no I cannot keep all three. Dare I ask for opinions? I am in no hurry or under great pressure. Thanks in advance, I think...

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesenip73 View Post
        WOW, congratulations!!!
        Now go play the lotto so you can help all of us out.
        I already sent in $20.00 for tickets for next years jeep sweepstakes
        Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-25-2008, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Your 75 looks too nice to part with... Granted, the Heep was free, but it'll just sit and depreciate. On the other hand, (I'm putting on my flame suit now) The jeep is a new, reliable platform on which to build a really nice rig - but I think th EB has way more character and style.

Tough call... The proceeds from selling the new Heep could go a long way towards building up your 77.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

CONGRATS!!!!
            well i would go park in in front of a high school and see how many hits you get...
            It is new and "reliable" as a DD but i am sure that you have a solid DD. if it was me i would sell the HEEP and take that money and put it straight into the Bronco.

Just think a new HEEP could finish the Bronco (my world of finish... not to be confused with Pat's idea... ahahahaha)

Or you could donate it to the "Help Ryan Fund"...... Its a tax write off!
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Is Auburn jeep gonna offer you a cash out option? Might want to give you some cash and sell it for more, ya never know. Probably wont offer what it's worth or what you could sell it for but??????????
              Oh, and well done!
              Does anyone know how those things wheel with the longer wheel base?
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Cal 4 wheel Jeep

[QUOTE=TN1776;38166]The jeep is a new, reliable platform on which to build a really nice rig - QUOTE]

That Jeep is already ready for what you throw at it. Trek, Con, Etc.

Brian
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bronco Brian;38170]
                  Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
                  The jeep is a new, reliable platform on which to build a really nice rig - QUOTE]

That Jeep is already ready for what you throw at it. Trek, Con, Etc.

Brian
                  I have the flame suit on... The problem is time Gents, having the "time" to build the 77. I would not want to get a windfall of cash, only to pay someone to do the work. There are a number of levels to look at for this decision... Jeeps are a dime a dozen, when I roll to work in my EB I am pretty sure that I will be the only one going down the road. Broncos are not cheap to work on, yet the Jeep is 90% done and ready to wheel. The Jeep has all the bells and whistles, they would all be upgrades for the EB. Good thing the Wife is not pressuring me about this... Keep them coming, I am listening...
                  Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-25-2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I used to own a jeep tj. The Bronco won out The jeep ran perfect with over 135,000 mi on it (bought new). The Bronco, not running and in the garage for the last 10 years and the Bronco won.
                    Don't envy your having to make this decision, that's a nice jeep with a back seat AND storage space.
                    Good luck.
                    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

This presents an interesting dilemma. Your right about Heeps are dime a dozen, so keeping one EB is a must. The Heep is too new and nice to wheel it, BUT it's built too good to be just a daily driver. It's almost like it's not good/right for anything. That seems weird to say, but it is what it is I suppose.

I would definitely keep the EB to wheel with. No question there. If you have a regular DD to drive when you want to, then you don't really need the Heep. Again, that seems weird to say.

I guess if it were me, I would sell the Heep. Use some of the proceeds to pay the taxes on the Heep (don't forget about those) use some for EB parts and bank the rest.

Comment

Personally I think the first thing you should think about is removal of all those stickers. Maybe you should get rid of the mustang.
                        Marc D.
                        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I was thinkin the same thing, all those stickers make it look like S**t. Still probably wouldnt keep the heep, I like the EBs so much better.

Comment

I would pick up the Heep drive it around for a week or so and see what you think of it. I definitely wouldn't mind having one to drive around in as long I still had my Bronco. It is tough to compare the character of a old bronco to the features and luxuries of a new vehicle.
                            69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I'd sell it to someone for a good deal. Dump it, you make green and someone gets a great deal.
                              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                              X