Trustworthy Aluminum Welder nearby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trustworthy Aluminum Welder nearby?

I need the coolant passage that I had to cut off of my non-replaceable BXR manifold to fit my homemade cam sync. I need a small area welded shut so the coolant doesn’t come through and do not want to try some random shop I don’t know. The shops I used years ago are all gone. This manifold is no replaceable if something happens to it.

here is the hole on the underside of the intake. Just the circled area is important. The hole goes to the egr circuit that will not be used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_35593.png
Views:	43
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	319294
    Last edited by ba123; 03-29-2023, 10:14 AM.

Ok, so I tried and tried to find someone I felt I could trust with this and all my contacts kept falling short…

Then I had an “aha moment” of a welding shop in San Jose that does a huge range of stuff and did a railing for me, Brian’s Welding. A while back, Brian gave me a tour of his shop and I was so impressed not only by the size and equipment in the place, but it was also such a clean shop. I definitely felt like I could trust them.

I reached out and Brian said to bring it in and show it to his shops foreman, Daniel.

I brought it in yesterday and picked it up today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DF92002B-EC11-4BFF-AE0A-B4AAADA13DD3.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	713.2 KB
ID:	319311
    I am thrilled!
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X