NP435 Help ID-ing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP435 Help ID-ing

I've decided to go the cheap-ish route and drop an NP435 into my 70 project. I'm not worried about driving it down the highway, I bought it to be a crawler and have a flatbed towrig for that.

Was originally going to go with an AX-15 and maybe some rockeater gears but that is starting to get on the expensive side of things. Found this local and going to go take a look at it this weekend. Looks like the correct version of the NP435 that i'd need to me. Can anyone else confirm?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	NP435 4.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	319013 Click image for larger version

Name:	NP435 5.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	319014 Click image for larger version

Name:	NP435 3.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	319015 Click image for larger version

Name:	NP435 1.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	319012
    1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

That looks weird to me, the 2x4 tail housing usually has the trapezoid bolt pattern, and the main shaft sickout usually looks longer? Also, that looks like a chevy bell housing?

Here is a link to a ford one on ebay (not mine) with some good pictures of what it should look like:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/185372218869
    Last edited by pippinmader; 01-25-2023, 08:50 AM.
    Build thread

Comment

More info.
      you can use a divorced (the one pictured above). Just cut the threads off the splines.
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Thanks guys I ended up going and looking at it and I still have no idea what it really was so I passed on it. Guy swore up and down he pulled it out of a 2 wheel drive truck. His "Brother in law" took the transmission out of a Ford and adapted it. Whatever it was, it was a frankenstein. haha

Found a NP435 just over the hill out of an early Bronco with adapter and I'm going to grab that on Saturday.
        1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Working...
        X