Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum vs Facebook

As the title says...

Tony, I just did something that I almost never do anymore. Looked at Facebook, to vote in the meeting poll. But then fell down the rabbit hole while there. I noticed you made mention of Facebook becoming the de facto venue for NCB folks. I, for one, wish it wasn't. This particular forum seems a bit clunky compared to classicbroncos.com for example, but it's still my preference. Would be interested in what others have to say about this.
    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

I do like it here better then FB....
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

I never signed up for Facebook. I’ve been on multiple forums over the last 22 years. I hate that most of the ones I’m on have diminished greatly(my club forum pretty much completely)

Comment

In general I prefer forums for exchanging information and staying (mostly) on task without all of the noise of politics, memes, jokes, etc. I agree that Facebook tends to lead me down the rabbit hole and more than once I've enabled the "digital wellbeing" functions on my phone to keep me from spending much time there. I am about ready to do the same again as my FB usage is higher than it should be.

I like the functionality of the Facebook app. I don't actually care for their web interface much, and the app makes it so, so easy to upload photos and such. I know that various forum software vendors do have the capability of being used within a phone app but I've not looked into that for NCB (or any others) for a long time. So it is the opposite for me - I like the forum web interface but do not like uploading photos to NCB or others from my phone.

I have found that forums in general are more searchable and easier to bookmark content. Facebook retains stuff forever, but good luck in finding it months/years later.

I think that we're in a mode now where it's going to be a hybrid of the two. Facebook for ease of organizing events, sharing photos, and "quick access". Forums for when you want to find, save, and contribute information to be preserved for future use by others (and yourself as the case may be).

I would hate to lose this site as a research tool and be forced into trying to find old stuff on FB.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

This place was dying when I signed up for FB. I use it, FB, as a tool to keep in touch with Friends and some Family. Try getting someone to sit down for a phone call these days...
          As Tony has said try finding past posts or informationon FB... Not going to happen. Answer a Bronco question for someone and get a keyboard jockey blast you as being wrong... So I look and rarely post.
          I am not into having a buch of followers, friends, you know people want to have a big number... I will not accept your friend request if I don't know who you are.

Classic is my go to place for Bronco Q and A, some sales and looking for parts. People are respectful and rarely flame you. I respond to many threads there.

I check this place every morning, but I don't sign in that often. I still post my builds here, and somewhat on FB only because my friends want to see what I am doing.
          I don't have FB on my phone at all, I have better things to do than sit and look at it...

I wish that this place was more active, we have lost so many of the originals that we had in the begining. Take a gander of the member list and those folks faces will come flooding back.
          FB is a necessary tool these days for this Boomer. I have an Instagram account, never posted, only use it follow HS Baseball and a few friends that don't have FB but post their travels there.

Yes Lars, I like this place better than FB, but I don't see this forum getting any busier any time soon.
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I’m not on Facebook. I check in here every morning. I’m also not on Classic much. I used it a lot when I was first learning about Broncos but now not so much.

Comment

I never post any Bronco progress or work that I do on FB. I post it all here. I do read on FB and look at some for sales stuff, but I don't post anything about what I'm doing. I reserve that information for this site. If people are interested in what I'm doing, they can come here to see it. I definitely miss the days of old when everyone did that and we could all come here to drool over each others Broncos, help each other, plan trips, etc, etc....

Comment

As a fairly recent add to this group and the Bronco community as a whole, I will say that I much prefer this the NorCal page over FB. Seems to be much more supportive and nonjudgemental. Quality (NorCal) is better than quantity (FB) in my opinion. Although I have to admit that I look at all three (FB, NorCal, and ClassicBroncos).

Comment

Myself FB is way too busy for me to keep up with NCB there. I prefer the seperate forums I visit for what they are.

Comment

When you add info to Facebook, it dies. When you add it here, it's searchable
                    {o===o}
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                    Originally posted by CityHick
                    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X