Off topic... My new ride.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic... My new ride.

‘65 Ranchero, 302, C4, 9 inch, and disc brakes on all 4 corners. The downside no power steering or brakes. Any of you guys have any experience/opinions about electric power steering? I’m looking at the EPAS system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	60C4C6B5-381F-45AE-A452-508F2003F12C.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	317861 Click image for larger version

Name:	89CF3443-1D23-44E4-9238-782C2B8680EE.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	317862

I love those early Rancheros! Very nice ride man! Sorry, I have no advise on the electric steering. I am curious if do end up going that route as I am thinking about it for my current coyote build.

Comment

Nice ride, had a 289 4 SPD for yrs in his school, loved it!
      no idea about the ps question sorry
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Dude... lust... 10 thumbs up!
        1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
        I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Speaking to the electric power steering, I'm a noob to that but lately I've learned that it's a system that folks are starting to harvest from the recycle yards. A friend sent me this link:
          https://www.hagerty.com/media/mainte...3f404b6e06ac50
          1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
          I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
            Speaking to the electric power steering, I'm a noob to that but lately I've learned that it's a system that folks are starting to harvest from the recycle yards. A friend sent me this link:
            https://www.hagerty.com/media/mainte...3f404b6e06ac50
            The Falcon Ranchero is apparently pretty tough to convert to traditional hydraulic power steering. That’s why I’m looking into electric assist. They system I’m looking at is from EPAS. You can even get it with the tilt steering column included and it has the collapsible steering shaft that eliminates the rag joint. It’s not cheep though. Check it out here:

https://epasperformance.com/collecti...alcon-ranchero

EPAS also make kits for Broncos.

https://epasperformance.com/products...75-ford-bronco
            Last edited by 70 Steed; 12-22-2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Nice find Skip, love the color too. Good luck with the EPS, I hope it works out for you. Maybe a build thread?

Last Time I saw anything from BCB (at SEMA), they were working on a EPS for a Ecoboost Bronco conversion, maybe they have something on their website about it? A resource maybe...
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

That’s badass.
                If you’re friends with Shane NAISBITT on Fb.
                message him. He put epas on his bronco. Says he loves it.

Comment

Well I have to go to plan B. Turns out Electric Power Steering won’t work with a column shift. I want to retain the column shift. I’m looking into a power rack and pinion system.

Comment

Me, I wouldn’t be able to leave that stock powered…..it’d be screaming for more tire to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
                      Well I have to go to plan B. Turns out Electric Power Steering won’t work with a column shift. I want to retain the column shift. I’m looking into a power rack and pinion system.
                      A TCI front suspension kit would be an awesome upgrade to not only the steering, the ride quality and handling too!

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                        Me, I wouldn’t be able to leave that stock powered…..it’d be screaming for more tire to boot.
                        My original plan was to get one and put a Blueprint 347 stroker in it. This one has the 302 and the engine/compartment is so clean. I may still go 347 but I’m going to wait awhile.
                        Last edited by 70 Steed; 12-30-2021, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post

A TCI front suspension kit would be an awesome upgrade to not only the steering, the ride quality and handling too!
                          Are you talking Mustang II? I don’t want to do that much surgery on the shock towers. Flaming River has a rack and pinion kit that they say is a bolt in.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post

Are you talking Mustang II? I don’t want to do that much surgery on the shock towers. Flaming River has a rack and pinion kit that they say is a bolt in.
                            Yeah, I was thinking of their front suspension kit. New front crossmember, coils over shocks, disc brakes and rack and pinion steering. It would drive and handle like a new car.

Comment

Working...
                            X