Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum - need some advice

Hey all.

I just bought a new to me 1969 bronco. It has had a lot of renovation done to it... just showed up yesterday and I love it! Unfortunately the turn signals aren't working. The hazards work along with the headlights. The truck has a VHX unit but I cannot figure out how to trace the issue with the turn signals. Anyone know a place local to the San Jose, CA area that might be able to troubleshoot this for me? Or any advice on how to trace the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Paging Doug (904Bronco). Doug might be able to give you some suggestions or even help you. He’s a wiring guru.

Comment

Beautiful rig!
      Do you have a digital voltmeter or even a simple test light? Either of those tools will help you determine where the power is and isn't. I have solved many electrical problems using one or both of those tools. Start at the endpoints and work your way in.
      A really simple first test would be to start at the flasher relays. When you hit the turn signals, is the flasher relay clicking? If it is, move from there towards the turn signals, if it isn't, move towards the turn signal switch and fuse block. You may not know where you're heading but this kind of testing should point you in the right direction.

1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Thanks. I can try to send Doug a note. I do have a voltmeter and a test light. The wiring in this car is a bit of a mess though so I was having a hard time tracing through. The hazard relay works but not sure if that is separate from the turn signal relays.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboSF View Post
          Thanks. I can try to send Doug a note. I do have a voltmeter and a test light. The wiring in this car is a bit of a mess though so I was having a hard time tracing through. The hazard relay works but not sure if that is separate from the turn signal relays.
          There should be 2 flasher modules one for the hazards and one for the turns. Pretty sure there is also a separate fuze. Pop out a bulb and throw a continuity light at it after you check the fuses and replace the flasher units.
          Brad
          Chico, Ca.

Comment

Working...
          X