Distributor with TFI module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor with TFI module?

I was at the Rubicon this past weekend. Wheeled in on friday to Buck Island. Drove a little bit around on saturday. Sunday packed up to leave and bronco wont start. I was getting fuel but no spark. Changed my coil, TFI, rotor, coil wire, computer, and finally the distributor (this helps out when you wheel with Broncos build the same). Fired right up. It was a long day yesterday of driving out, back in with parts, then back out again. I have a stock 94 351 EFI and was running a billet BC Broncos distributor. It lasted a lot of years but I barley drive my bronco. I also noticed bearing was shot. I wanted to know what distributor everyone is running with out any issues?
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-01-2020, 11:15 AM.

I have a 302 with the stock Motorcraft distributor. Sometimes can't beat stock. Been trouble free. Have also sorta been looking for a remote TFI mount. Just to keep the heat off it.

Comment

Originally posted by cag33 View Post
      I have a 302 with the stock Motorcraft distributor. Sometimes can't beat stock. Been trouble free. Have also sorta been looking for a remote TFI mount. Just to keep the heat off it.
      Same here, I have the stock Motocraft distributor with my 5.0. This definitely makes me want to get a spare to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by cag33 View Post
        My brother bought a summit billet distributor and swapped the guts with OEM parts. Thats what he recommended, I just wanted to hear others peoples ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalKD View Post

Same here, I have the stock Motocraft distributor with my 5.0. This definitely makes me want to get a spare to carry.
          Its on my list now. lol

Comment

I did a lot of looking into this when I was playing with that stuff. All the high dollar billet dizzys get bad reviews on mustang sites. It always the electronics. Original motorcraft seems to be the best. The rich porter FD19 seems to be a close second, and is available at parts houses. Comes with a steel wheel also.

BTW, if you are looking for dizzys, I have one of each of the above availalble.

Comment

Do you know the motorcraft part number? And this works with a 351w?

Comment

I have always run the stock Ford distributor without any problems. (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                  Do you know the motorcraft part number? And this works with a 351w?
                  for what, the ford dizzy? No, cause they didnt come with steel drive gears. By the time the 351 came with a roller, Im pretty sure they had switched to a remote tfi. I got an older one and switched gears. The rich porter ones are second best and off the shelf at orielly

Comment

That's what I thought. I ordered a new billet one from summit.

Comment

Working...
                    X