Race scales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race scales

We're thinking of getting a travel trailer and I've been reading all about gvwr, gcwr, and tongue weights. I am comparing all that to the specs of the wife's suv, the tow vehicle. I have specs but no real numbers so I may borrow a set of race scales from work to weigh the tow vehicle and the trailer when we get one to correctly balance the load. I was thinking I could also weigh my Broncos.
    Would anyone else be interested in weighing their Bronco? Each pad is rated to 1500lbs. It's a wireless setup with a usb dongle. I would need to get IT to load the software on my laptop because I don't have admin rights. The software also does center of gravity calculation. I'm located in Mtn View. I'm not sure when I would do this but probably in the next month or so.

Gil

Definitely something I want to add to my garage!

Comment

1500 lbs per pad would probably be too light for most suv's and travel trailers.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Did you ever do this Gil? If so, what did you find out?

Paul
        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Working...
        X