My new ‘weekend’ truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new ‘weekend’ truck.

Since the downtime of NCB, there’s been quite a few changes in all our lives, here’s my latest life changer.....

couple months back my ‘brother’ calls me up and says you owe me 300$.... I am like errr what for. He goes you can tell me you don’t want it, after you look at the pictures..... sends me these pics of a 1996 F150 extended cab reg box.... I am like is that a down payment? He goes nope you know drew, his dad is second owner of this truck and he just wants to let it go, preferably someone who will use it, not abuse it. He then says I know you always preferred the OBS trucks like your old 90.

A month later after I had already paid him I got home from that job and we went to pick it up 100 miles away, drove it home after filling up half into each tank to verify the fuel gauge worked on each tank. So far all I have found that NEEDS to be fixed is drivers door lock doesn’t open from the outside, stereo doesn’t work and passenger door hinges are very sloppy. Only 125k km on this thing!

The ‘wants’ now are to fix the above, replace the windshield, and get the windows tinted for more privacy as well the stereo needs to be upgraded. 2020 will include a 393 swapped in with aluminium heads as well regear the 8.8 unless I go 9”.

already got a leveling kit here so I can bump up to way better 31x10.5s for the winter coming up.

Why???? Because I can and she’s paid for, 300$ CDN.....that’s 225$ to you guys!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PhantomEB; 10-25-2019, 06:55 AM.

Nice warming up my 95 as I type
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I have always liked that body style. I'd drive it!
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Of course all I have driven it is local errands, a day trip out to the mountain OHV area then it came in for its leveling kit to be installed and room for 31s.......

10 minutes after I finished the kit, decided to take the lady out for lunch, an Idiot decided he was too good to let traffic by at the crosswalk on a well known icy road 3 min down the hill from home.....stopped for this guy and a kid couldn’t stop. Smoked me on the drivers side. Bent back bumper, busted out tail light and caved in the tail light panel. Damn near wrote off his WRX. Lucky for all, his dad is a Petroleum Engineer and has offered to settle without insurance getting involved. Truck is going to my buddies body shop next week hopefully while I am away at work. No way I want to give this truck up any time soon so it’s getting fixed back to how it was but better.
        Attached Files

Comment

That sucks but kudos to the dad for making it right.
          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

This truck already had it’s fair share of stories. Slid off the road back in the late late winter, definitely needs its real tires! Plans are for 31x10.5-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.

Thank god for no body damage other than some tree scrapes.

Comment

Then last time out camping, my brother gets the throttle mistakenly suck on his new Suzuki quad and backs it straight into my truck. He ended up buying me a new grille, I wasn’t complaining!
              Attached Files

Comment

Hated my sketchy riser ramps, so I cut them up and welded up some new damn near permanent ones.

The ramps are removable if I need the box space but at the same time they got the ability to raise up on top of the tailgate for space under neath (not with quad on it of course.......hmmm I just came up with a new idea...... )

also got room room for a genset up at the front to power AC and the like when I get a travel trailer soon.
                Attached Files

Comment

Time to upgrade the rear suspension so plans are just to throw F250 leafs in the back then if I need more....airbags.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Time to stockpile to build this up......can’t afford my dream OBS, I shall build it.

picked up a 93-95 D60 from a F350 with 4.10s and buddy delivered axles and warn lockouts.

now to see what I can source out at the wreckers for spindle, wheel hubs and the related stuff. Perhaps d50 stuff will work?

also got the word out for a rear diff with 4.10s from a f250 as I need the 2.5” wide leaf springs for no modification back there.

i can also now see 33s or 35s to bring the gear ratio down thus the RPMs too. A 347 is now the plan to rejuvenate the power plant.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by PhantomEB; 07-12-2020, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Watching...
                      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

It’s gonna be a slow build now I catching up from Covid on a smaller paying work schedule than as of late. But can’t complain as consistent pay with weekly time off for the most part sure is nice too.

Comment

Tentatively sold off my incomplete front 60 and spoke up for a buddies complete matching pair f/r. Think the rear comes with leaf springs too.

Comment

Finally brought my diffs home.

rear 10.25 is missing one shaft, and spindle nuts etc. So that’s project 1 to button up and do a preventative on the guts as well all new brake stuff.

front 60 will just get a pm as well as it’s complete as well all new brakes.

buying my rims one at a time as main focus right now is killing off the credit cards. Very similar to the 589s I had on my ‘90 F150 short box with 33s for 13 years. No wonder I am a huge fan of the OBS fords. I will build this truck as a homage to the dream truck I wanted back then.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X