What's been.keeping me busy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's been.keeping me busy!

It's been far too long since I have been active in posting here and I hope to change that.

Work, kids in travel water polo, other non-Bronco projects, and work have been steadily ramping up and are busy as ever. But, and a big but, I still have time for more projects and more cars.

This one is special to me. I first saw this truck in 1984 across the street from my mom's house in Carson City. The owner Fred knew I was in love with the truck because I always told him a wanted to buy it. His answer was always, nope, this goes to my grandson. Fast forward to late 2017. Mom passes away and my brother and I go to the old neighborhood to see mom's house. Well, holy shit Fred's truck was still there...in the same parking spot. We knocked on the door and Fred answered, now in his 80s. Fred bought the truck from his dad who bought it new...and who also lived next door.

After a long visit, I asked to buy the truck. He again said nope, my grandson gets it when I pass through the pearly gates. I said no problem. We all hugged and left but not before I left my number and my offer amount. 6 months later he called and asked me if I wanted to buy the truck. Well, obviously I said YES, but why not your grandson? He said his grandson shit in his own nest one too many times. I didn't ask questions and said I'll be there next week! I love this truck....and would probably sell the broncos before this goes.

1971 F100 Short Bed 4x4
    360 2bbl NP 435/Dana 21
    Manual steering, manual brakes.
    104k miles
    Green interior
    Attached Files
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Dude! I want that truck. Nice score. I've been looking for a dent side.
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Awesome!
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

That is cool, Kind of how my Bronco story is. I used to see mine when I was 15/16 and always that would be a nice hunting rig
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

That is a very nice truck. I remember you telling me about that the last time you came through town when we had lunch that day.
          I would do little other than to maintain it; its just too nice to mess with!
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

That is a beauty!!! I wouldn't do anything to it other than basic maintenance and drive it!

Comment

I agree with not doing anything. The only thing it really needs is power steering, and possibly power discs. Steering for sure. It's a real bitch to steer when parking. I know it wouldn't be original but I want my oldest to drive it and there's no way he could turn it out the way it is. I bought a box for the 4x4x2 but haven't done anything yet.

I amazingly found the original vinyl for it! Took six months to get and I'm having the seat redone now. By now, means he's had the seat for 3 months. I'm pretty much done waiting. This is the last week I'm waiting and that's only because I'm in St. Louis.
              Attached Files
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Wow, cool truck!!!

Comment

Definitely a truck waiting for, best part is how long you have waited for it. For sure, keep it as is, with some modern upgrades, like power steering and power brakes.

Comment

Working...
                  X