This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by highlander
    The steering box is with UPS and should finally be here late next week Thurs or Fri. Also coming is the ram assist parts. I put the rear end back together and rolled into the garage before these rains. It won't be long now just need to put the box in and mount the ram and track bar to the axle.

Ahhhh, finally! It shouldn't take you much longer now. We'll have to plan a snow wheeling trip.

Comment

• Yeah, if you ever get a steering box for it!
      The steering box is finally here, my new track bar also showed up today. So now I just need to make some time this weekend to put it all together.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• We are going up to Bald Mt. this Saturday if you can get her back together by then! You don't need to sleep tonight! Sleep is entirely over rated.

Comment

• That would have been possible, but I should have gone to town this afternoon to pick up bolts to attach the steering box on with. I doubt any thing up here would have grade 8 bolts that long grade 5 maybe. So just stop by my my house and wake me up from under my bronco in the morning!
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• We'll be leaving Fresno at 9:00 to 9:15am tomorrow, so that should put us in Shaver around 10:00am or so. We usually stop at the gas station to top off before heading up Dinky Creek Rd. I bet some grade 5 bolts will hold it for one day!!

Comment

• Well I was thinking this would be to much work, but now you really have me thinking about doing it. I could leave out the ram assist to save some time. I just need to get the box bolted up drill one new hole and weld the plates on and change my rear u-joint at the pinion. Slap the radiator in and fill some fluids. Put on the rear shocks. Am I forgetting something?
              I'm going to light the stove in the shop right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                Well I was thinking this would be to much work, but now you really have me thinking about doing it. I could leave out the ram assist to save some time. I just need to get the box bolted up drill one new hole and weld the plates on and change my rear u-joint at the pinion. Slap the radiator in and fill some fluids. Put on the rear shocks. Am I forgetting something?
                I'm going to light the stove in the shop right now.

Sweet!! That dosen't sound too bad at all. If all else fails, you are welcome to ride with me if you want. But that would be awesome if you had your rig ready to roll.

Comment

• The Scout box doesn't line up as easy as I thought it would but I am making new reinforcing plates now. I'll let you know how far I get. I might need some parts in the morning.

Comment

• Just an Update...

Just a couple of updated pix before I decide to rattle can!
                    Attached Files
                    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• nice looking rig well thought out and clean
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

• Yeah...that looks real nice Sean. What color you gonna rattle can it?

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68
                          Yeah...that looks real nice Sean. What color you gonna rattle can it?

Thinkin' Gun Metal Grey or so....I liked (so did the boss) the color of the primer in the pix.....It won't be for a little while though, I've got a rear main seal, clutch and motor mounts next on my list.
                          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• yet more pix

Since I just joined, here are a couple of mine.
                            1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                            I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

• Boy....that sure is beautiful!

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68
                                Boy....that sure is beautiful!
                                X2

Any body notice the dizzy, (or lack there of)?
                                Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                                I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X