Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see some pics of everyones Rigs!

Originally posted by CarlHungus View Post
    Here is my first post on the site. My Bronco was purchased about 6 months ago. The people I baught it from seemed very honest but had gone to great lengths to hide tons of rust. I will be replacing one corner at a time, starting with the passenger front. it has the least rust. Any of you that have done this who have any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

[ATTACH]18617[/ATTACH]
    Welcome to the site Carl!

You will be buying some tools in the near future I think. Just take your time, it is pretty straight forward changing panels...

Tell us more about the Cobra in your avatar?
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

.....I will be replacing one corner at a time, starting with the passenger front. it has the least rust. Any of you that have done this who have any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.....
      Welcome Carl! Alot of us have had to deal with rust, and searching can be a good way to find info. Here's some floor pan and front inner fender replacement on my build thread.

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...?t=643&page=17

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, this is friendliest, most helpful group of folks I've ever been around.
      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

The cobra was my first real project. Bought a Factory Five kit and used a police interceptor 429ci bottom end my brother had laying around and put edelbrocks performer rpm top end on it...prior to being married ofcourse. Had everything balenced to 6K rpm and put a 5 speed behind it. Took 4 years to finish and turned out the gas pedel was too much temptation for me to control. all together I estimate the car was 2200lbs and had around 500hp and 500-550 ft-lbs torque. sold it to a guy over in sparks a few years back and havent heard anything about it since.

Comment

....I estimate the car was 2200lbs and had around 500hp and 500-550 ft-lbs torque.....
          Oh hell yes!!!
          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Welcom Carl. Nice looking Bronco and Cobra. Those Factory Five kits are really nice!

Comment

I wanna say my '06 GT was 2800#s & 300HP & that thing was a rocket! 500 horse at 2200#s would be a deathwish for a guy like me but, what a way to go! Welcome aboard!
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Welcome aboard... nice looking bronco - hope the rust isn't too terrible. Most of us have been there though.

Nice Factory 5 car too... a buddy of mine started building one of those a long time ago and got distracted by the Bronco sickness. His basically just needs paint and its going to be a rocket too - similar HP numbers.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

I rode in a factory five a few years ago,.........and my neck still hurts.
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

This is mine.
                    Last edited by Broncboozled; 04-28-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncboozled View Post

This is mine.
                      That's really beautiful!

Comment

Nice, very nice!! When are ya gona cut it, lift it and wheel the hell out of it!?!?!?!!
                        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Thanks Tim.

Don't tempt me Pops. lol

Comment

That is a very nice Bronco! Welcome aboard.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Broncboozled View Post

This is mine.
                              Wow, that thing is clean!!! Very nice!!
                              '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Very nice!! but contrary to Pops...I say keep that one clean and go find another one to wheel the hell out of
                                70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Working...
                                X