Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome. Nice rigs, how bout some stats on the 70. Looks good streched out.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Welcome Brian, I watched your build-up over on CB, hope you enjoy hangin' with us little folk k!!
      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• About time you made your way over here Brian
        Rick-
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Who's this Brian guy? oke:
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• Thanks for the great welcome guys!

Pat, quit working on your EB and lets do some more wheeling! Portals are kewl!

Steve, I read one of your threads on the Dusy and it's a good thing your smarter then some folks that go alone. BTW, one of my spindle bolts stripped when I was servicing the front bearings after our Dusy run. I'm thinking about running some bolts from the inside out. I think OSH has some grade 8 allen heads, or should I order some button heads...what do you think?

Marc and Mark, speaking of old timers! HA!
            Thanks,
            Brian Wickert
            Hanford, CA 93230

Comment

• 70 EB Stats and History;
              I've owned the 70EB since 1990 and it's under gone many changes. When I built the Buggy in '03 some parts from the 70 EB had to be donated to the buggy, like the D60's, 38.5"SX's, and Mustang 5.0L efi. I purchased Jim Gougen's old D44 (ARB, warn axles, ctms, 4.88, GM disk) and 9" (Detroit, Strange housing, home made full floater from GM front disk parts and extra shafts).
              I also purchased a '98 explorer 5.0L with serp setup and added the mustang efi. The tires are 37" MTR's on Mike Mondloch's old 15 x 10 gambler rims. I'm running some 4" BC coils up front with a twisted radius arm, and 3.5" WH 11 leafs in the rear with 1.5" blocks. The 70 also has a 2" body lift.
              My latest addition is a 77 EB auto column from Steve George that I rebuilt and added a cool Tom's Bronco Parts steering wheel. Love that BRONCO script horn button! Behind the C4 is a 4.3 Atlas.
              Near future mods include new ball joints, and a little further down the road I will finally add a 4 link to the rear. Wishbone for the upper links and I haven't decided if I want the lowers to converge inside the frame rails behind the t-case or to the outside of the frame.
              Anyways, too many idea's and changes from being on the Early Bronco Net the last ten plus years! It's kinda cool knowing I had one of the first twisted radius arms, efi, GM tierod over conversion, quarter panel protectors, hydroboost brakes, explorer serp setup, and ram assist steering.
              Thanks,
              Brian Wickert
              Hanford, CA 93230

Comment

• Originally posted by KingOf_Pain View Post
                Thanks for the great welcome guys!

Steve, I read one of your threads on the Dusy and it's a good thing your smarter then some folks that go alone. BTW, one of my spindle bolts stripped when I was servicing the front bearings after our Dusy run. I'm thinking about running some bolts from the inside out. I think OSH has some grade 8 allen heads, or should I order some button heads...what do you think?

Marc and Mark, speaking of old timers! HA!
                When I got home from our trip I searched for a while to find some grade 8 button heads unsuccessfully. I ended up using regular hex head bolts, it was a little tricky to hold the head when tightening them. Allen heads should work as well, there is a fair amount of clearance, and tightening them should be much easier.
                A few weeks ago I helped a friend get his 72 blazer off bald mtn trail in the snow. He broke a axle u-joint which took out the lower ball joint and knuckle. I swapped a spare ford knuckle I had here at the house to get it rolling enough to drag out to a trailer. While removing the broken GM D44 knuckle I noticed it has studs that look much like a wheel lug studs pressed in the back if you find the right size that might be the best route.
                Last edited by highlander; 02-06-2008, 07:06 AM.
                69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by KingOf_Pain View Post
                  I know, I know. I've just got to get this 4-link figured out and I'll be ready to rock and roll. You going to go to Moab again this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander View Post
                    When I got home from our trip I searched for a while to find some grade 8 button heads unsuccessfully. I ended up using regular hex head bolts
                    I'm beting the allen heads, installed with loctite, should do the trick. I'll let you know how it turns out when I replace the ball joints.
                    Thanks,
                    Brian Wickert
                    Hanford, CA 93230

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                      You going to go to Moab again this year?
                      No Moab for me this year. I'm seriously needing a trip to the Hammers though!
                      Thanks,
                      Brian Wickert
                      Hanford, CA 93230

Comment

• KOP, you ever hear from Pete, Justin or Dan? Are they still wheeling broncos?
                        I've met you before out at your place a number of years ago. They were all stripping a stroppe down and sending it back east.
                        Last edited by Cheesenip73; 02-06-2008, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheesenip73 View Post
                          KOP, you ever hear from Pete, Justin or Dan? Are they still wheeling broncos?
                          This must be Tad. Hi

Pete sold his EB to my cuz. He's married now, and has the makings for a cool buggy, but nothing seems to get done now that he's married.

Justin is still working on putting a D60/9 is the front of his EB, but he bought a quad, then a new house, and now a baby any day.

Dan, is Dan. I don't see him much.
                          Thanks,
                          Brian Wickert
                          Hanford, CA 93230

Comment

• Yep, Tad here. I wonder how many central Valley broncos we could have on a trail at one time. We ought to set something up for if and when the snow thaws. ALL are invited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheesenip73 View Post
                              Yep, Tad here. I wonder how many central Valley broncos we could have on a trail at one time. We ought to set something up for if and when the snow thaws. ALL are invited.
                              Why do we have to wait for the snow to thaw, we could always do a snow run to Bald Mtn.
                              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• because Mine is not mobile.

Originally posted by highlander View Post
                                Why do we have to wait for the snow to thaw, we could always do a snow run to Bald Mtn.

Comment

Working...
                                X