Need your opinion on a winch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your opinion on a winch

I currently have a Warn XD9000i winch. I have a guy that wants to trade me for his Warn 8274. Should I do it?

(Both winch's are in good used condition and working properly)

the 8274 is a much faster winch....however the 9000i has an integrated solinoid which is easier to mount....

I'd say do it for the speed and tried and true quality of the 8274 alone..what the hell.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
      I'd say do it for the speed and tried and true quality of the 8274 alone..what the hell.
      I agree, as long as you have the room to mount it.
      71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

I still need to build my front bumper, so I can build it around which ever winch that I go with. I think I may just do it. (trade him that is)

Comment

did you do the swap??????
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
            did you do the swap??????

I am supposed to meet the guy one day next week to do the swap.

Comment

schweet.

Comment

Lookie what I picked up today.
                Attached Files

Comment

Cool! With that nifty mounting plate you can mount it directly to your hood! Seriously, what bumper you going with in the front??

Comment

I'm going to build my own bumper to match the rear one that I have. 2x8 3/16 rectangle tubing.

Comment

i just got a ramsey patriot 15000. have any of you had any experience with ramsey
                      78 ford bronco 6" suspenision 2" body lift. 37" toyos, 5:13 gears, detroit front and rear.

Comment

No I sure don't. Sorry I can't be any help.

Comment

Working...
                        X