Site not Secure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site not Secure

Since coming back from my trip I am getting a Norton warning that this site is not Secure, as I try and sign in. Anyone else getting that message?

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Re: Site not Secure

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
    Since coming back from my trip I am getting a Norton warning that this site is not Secure, as I try and sign in. Anyone else getting that message?

Doug
    I'm having the same issue. our credentials to the forum are being sent in clear text, not cool...

Comment

Unfortunately our Administrator doesn’t pay any attention to this site anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
        Unfortunately our Administrator doesn?t pay any attention to this site anymore.

I do apologize for not being on this site more. With the life of younger kids in travel sports I just haven't been spending much time on my Bronco projects. I do spend the time however to keep this site upgraded and paid for which isn't cheap.

I'm not sure why you guys are getting the notice you are getting as I'm not getting it. I don't have norton though. We upgraded 3 days ago but weren't able to upgrade to the php7 which still.needs to happen soon. I need to find someone to help since I'm not a tech guy and can't do any of this myself. Please post a screen shot of what message you are getting.

Thanks, Carl
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Purist View Post
          I'm having the same issue. our credentials to the forum are being sent in clear text, not cool...
          What does this mean? Clear text
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

It (Norton) will not let me post the page shot, it say my personal information is at risk....
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Ok, I'll call vBullitin and see what they say. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                I do apologize for not being on this site more. With the life of younger kids in travel sports I just haven't been spending much time on my Bronco projects. I do spend the time however to keep this site upgraded and paid for which isn't cheap.

I'm not sure why you guys are getting the notice you are getting as I'm not getting it. I don't have norton though. We upgraded 3 days ago but weren't able to upgrade to the php7 which still.needs to happen soon. I need to find someone to help since I'm not a tech guy and can't do any of this myself. Please post a screen shot of what message you are getting.

Thanks, Carl
                Carl,

One thing you should do is make it easier to donate to this site. Bring back the donation button. Also I don?t know if new people are still having trouble registering. I know that was a problem for a while.

I?m retired and have time to help with the site. However I?m not a tech guy when it comes to forum software.
                Last edited by 70 Steed; 09-16-2019, 05:54 AM.

Comment

I don?t have Norton, but even my iPad has started saying Not Secure up above in the address bar. That is relatively new.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Carl for what you do!

Typ that kind of warning is from the site certificate being out of date.

Yes bring back a donate button so we can assist at least financially to the site
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Site isn't currently using HTTPS. Looks like the hosting provider includes a free cert, so maybe just not enabled in VB?

Comment

Originally posted by Sewie View Post
                        Site isn't currently using HTTPS. Looks like the hosting provider includes a free cert, so maybe just not enabled in VB?
                        Did you read about the free cert on our hosting companies web site? The vBulletin tech said I would need to contact the hosting company to get secure.

Comment

I typed in our url using HTTPS:// and the sight came up secure but the forum wasn't present.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Did you read about the free cert on our hosting companies web site? The vBulletin tech said I would need to contact the hosting company to get secure.
                            Not sure which plan you're using, but all the shared hosting plans on Blue Host show they include a free SSL cert.

I typed in our url using HTTPS:// and the sight came up secure but the forum wasn't present.
                            You need to update the URL in the iframe section of index.html in your www root directory. Or just get rid of the iframe and serve VB directly - which is working over HTTPS. https://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum

Comment

Originally posted by Sewie View Post

Not sure which plan you're using, but all the shared hosting plans on Blue Host show they include a free SSL cert.

You need to update the URL in the iframe section of index.html in your www root directory. Or just get rid of the iframe and serve VB directly - which is working over HTTPS. https://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum
                              That's exactly what the problem was.

Comment

Working...
                              X