Ghost Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Town

Man this place is like a morgue... Nobody posts anything anymore?

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Re: Ghost Town

I’ve been working ALOT. Commercial refrigeration. Twelve hour days haha. Hardly any bronco time.

Comment

Same here, millwright usually 7-8 hour drive away from home min 10-12 hour days Now I back home, my brother has me as his go-to guy to tackle the resurgence of a dinosaur concrete plant here In town.

Got most the parts to do my fuel system and steering system. Sucks I also got to rebuild a fence, revamp my deck and build a shed before the snow flies. Not to mention get some camping in this fall with my quad and crossbow.

Comment

My excuse, been rewiring a 66 Chevelle. Not really Bronco appropriate material to post...
        Attached Files
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

My current build is not really Bronco related either, so I didn't know if should post it or not. Once I start on my 72 Bronco though, I'll do another build thread for sure!

Comment

My bronco build came to a halt. I need to pull my transmission for a rebuild. Goes forward in reverse and neutral. Anyone up for an ATV trip to Barrett lake when it opens?
            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Went to NWBR last week spoke to Skip for a short time. Got separated from the group in the dunes.....= LOST. Wife was a little panicked, and really freaking out when I lost steering. Like in the steering wheel would spin freely. Got that fixed and just kept going north fingered I would eventually hit the paved road. Must have made it I am home. But the good is our 2 1/2 year old grandson enjoyed driving the bronco.
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

OK, OK I will post some stuff!
                I do wonder if Broncos have become so expensive no one is doing anything other than stock style restorations anymore...
                Build thread

Comment

For the past year or so, I have been working insane hours. I finally got that under control and have resumed almost a normal life. I have however filled that extra time with a new relationship and we're keeping each other quite busy, doing things out of town almost every weekend. I am going to put some more time into my Bronco soon and likely take a quick trip to Slick Rock in it in September. I will revive my dead build thread if I do anything that I feel is interesting.

In the mean time, I am considering passing my brand new Aero auxiliary gas tank along to someone who will actually use it. my setup is a little to "custom" to easily use that tank and I am not sure I want to get too creative with making it work. Other plans are to have my gauge cluster rebuilt, if the guy at Classy Gauges ever responds to me. I know that he does great work, but man he needs to respond to emails... Also looking at replacing my front seats, replacing my rear bumper, and getting some nicer wheels.

The interest is there, I just have not had the time or the motivation to do anything to my running and driving Bronco. It is hard to tear apart what is not broken.

I also want to find another Bronco someday but man even the junkers are big money...
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                    Went to NWBR last week spoke to Skip for a short time. Got separated from the group in the dunes.....= LOST. Wife was a little panicked, and really freaking out when I lost steering. Like in the steering wheel would spin freely. Got that fixed and just kept going north fingered I would eventually hit the paved road. Must have made it I am home. But the good is our 2 1/2 year old grandson enjoyed driving the bronco.
                    Brian, sorry we didn’t get more time to talk. That the way it seems to go, so many things to do and people going their own way. I’ve tried to.meet up with other NorCal Bronco guys in previous years and we either talk for a short while and never see each other for the rest of the event or never see each other at all.

Sorry you got lost. I usually try to keep an eye on some of the people who know where they are going and follow them. Also we have radios which helps.

Comment

" I am going to put some more time into my Bronco soon and likely take a quick trip to Slick Rock in it in September. "

I just picked up a place in Arnold and came across Slick rock trail while exploring the area. Never knew where it was. That might explain all the jeeps on trailers in the area. Definitely on the to do list.
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                        " I am going to put some more time into my Bronco soon and likely take a quick trip to Slick Rock in it in September. "

I just picked up a place in Arnold and came across Slick rock trail while exploring the area. Never knew where it was. That might explain all the jeeps on trailers in the area. Definitely on the to do list.
                        It's a fun little trail with one good obstacle, and great scenery. For me it's been more about hanging out and enjoying the area than the wheeling. With a place in Arnold you could run it and go back home for lunch!

Union and Utica reservoirs are nearby and are great for paddling around in a canoe or kayak.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                          It's a fun little trail with one good obstacle, and great scenery. For me it's been more about hanging out and enjoying the area than the wheeling. With a place in Arnold you could run it and go back home for lunch!

Union and Utica reservoirs are nearby and are great for paddling around in a canoe or kayak.
                          Not sure the last time you where there but on the Alpine side it's gets a little rough. They made the trail go a different way. But a nice easy trail overall
                          Last edited by Rockbronco67; 08-20-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

It's all Good Skip I do understand the busy part all to well. Was not really lost just could not find the trail we went in on. I knew if I kept going North I would hit the road.
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Been crazy busy here too. Almost missed the NWBR but made it up with a Baja for Saturday at least!

Comment

Working...
                              X