Rivnut tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivnut tool

Who uses and which brand Rivnut tool have you used? Where did you get it? I want to install my soft top (finally) but if got my 1/4 panel and upper panel protection covering the stock hard top holes, so I'm considering doing the rivnut/nutsert directions...

thx!

Sean
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Re: Rivnut tool

I have an aluminum rivnut tool, company was bought out by Stanley. Originally bought it from OSH. It also can be used as a pop rivet tool.

You can get refills at Lawson, Graingers, Osh, Fastnal, and a few others.

Or you could make these...

Flat steel - couple bucks and a a few weld nuts from Fastnal, and maybe some powder coating
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-20-2017, 03:02 PM.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Yeah, thought about doing that as well, but it would mean removing the panel protection; if I do that, then I would just mark and drill for my stock holes......still an option though. I need everything to sit flush
      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

What about using a right angle drill to drill from the backside, then tap the holes in the quarter gaurds.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Ive got one for 1/4 sean. Ive got rivnuts all over my hooptie
          Last edited by plug ugly; 01-20-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I also have a 1/4" tool Sean if you want o use it?

Comment

I've got one too and You're welcome to borrow it any time. Don't know how I lived without one for so long! Mine has 7 sizes but I mainly use 1/4 and 5/16.
              If you want to buy your own, I found mine on amazon for less than $100. I believe its an Allied Tool brand and it comes in a red case with a small selection of nuts.
              '75 Bronco in the works..
              '69/2012 FJ40 with some stuff.

Comment

I have the same one but it's the blue one with metric parts then ordered the 1/4" stem. I think I'm wanting the 3/8" but not sure why?

Comment

Sean, I drilled and tapped my upper guards to mount my soft top side rails. I didn't need to remove anything and I've had my top and rails on and off three or four times with no issues.
                  Leave No One Behind
                  KK6AUW

Comment

Wow! Thanks for all the offers....I'll be hitting one of you up soon. Patrick, I've been thinking about drilling and tapping, but was curious on the longevity. Do you have the measurements on the top rail where the bracket sits?

Comment

Working...
                    X