Engine bay fuse box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bay fuse box?

Has anyone done a water proof engine bay fuse box from a Donner vehicle (pick n pull)? Looking to find something to house my relays and fuses from the RJM efi harness. Want to mount it vertices on the firewall. Let me if u have any ideas. Thanks Matt

Re: Engine bay fuse box?

My RJM fuses and relays are mounted on top of the cowl under the hood with no issues. Just the PCM is where the glove box was.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Before I cut my inner fenders out, I had all of my electronics housed in an aluminum box on the fender. The Painless fuse box is waterproof. I added a bussmann relay box for the relays to all of my accessories. I'm going to have to do something different now.

Jaromy

Comment

I always love seeing pics of that setup. So you've changed it in the meantime? Whatcha got now?
        Or is it still "in transition" as they say?

Paul
        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

While not waterproof, if you see any late 90s Ford Taurus cars in the junkyard, they have a fuse block that is pretty nice under the hood. It holds around 10 maxi fuses (for larger circuits). I run one as do a few of my friends. You can pull them with quite a bit of wire from the car. I have mine mounted considerably higher than any water I'll ever cross, so I am not terribly concerned with having it waterproof.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by DirtDonk View Post
            I always love seeing pics of that setup. So you've changed it in the meantime? Whatcha got now?
            Or is it still "in transition" as they say?

Paul
            Not sure what I'll be doing now. When I cut out the inner fenders I had to remove the aluminum box. I will figure something out soon.
            Jaromy

Comment

I want to make all my wiring super clean this time but serviceable. There is a lot of products out there to help achieve this but I'm still learning what's out there. Stuff like this gets me a little happy

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131223_8287-L.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	274264

Comment

That is some next level wiring. I only wish I could do something like that
                Jaromy

Comment

I think the next dash I build I want to do tube and aluminum panels like a buggy with weather pack bulkhead connectors so I can easily and quickly remove a whole panel for working on components instead of laying in some weird contorted position trying to solder.
                  SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Working...
                  X