Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recommendations for a good shop for a tranny swap (and possibly nv3550)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommendations for a good shop for a tranny swap (and possibly nv3550)?

Just found the site, and I'm hoping to do a tranny swap in my '74 from a 3 speed manual to the nv3550 5-speed. I've been told that it can be done without the 1" body lift which I'd like to avoid if at all possible (though I'm willing to put in new body mounts no problem)...but would like someone who really knows what they're doing obviously and hopefully not too expensive to boot . Preference would be in the east bay as I'm in Walnut Creek.

I've tried hooking up with Andrew from Baja Bronco but he seems to be pretty far booked out. Appreciate any recommendations, and also any recommendations on a place to find a reasonably priced nv (doesn't need to be new, but want to make sure it's going to be reconditioned or in certified good working condition) as well. Hoping to avoid buying the tranny new from Wild Horses, it aint cheap!

Re: recommendations for a good shop for a tranny swap (and possibly nv3550)?

Welcome. Not sure about a shop but here is a good write up on the swap. http://classicbroncos.com/tech/nv-3550-install .I'm sure you will find lots of good information her as well.
    Last edited by Rlemon; 03-05-2016, 02:37 PM.
    76, DuPont midori sour green, explorer 5.0, Mild built C4, D20, 1 ton steering, 44 w/soft locker 4:11, 9" w/locker, 4.5" lift, 1" NHL Bodylift, Duff front long arm's,4.5 WH front and rear, 35 toyo's, FloFit seats and other dodad's.

Comment

Frontyard Fab in Ukiah could do that work PM if you would like the Number to chat with them
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Thanks guys. Ukiah is a bit farther than I was hoping to go, but I'll keep it in mind if I don't find any other options.

Comment

While I have no personal experience with them, I have heard good things about Deetz out in Tracy. You might give them a call.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Working...
          X