Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found me a duramax for sale, what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found me a duramax for sale, what do you guys think?

I found a very clean 2005 GMC 2500 SB 4wd crew cab with 120k miles. It's a two owner truck all serviced at the dealer with new tires, two new batteries, and a fresh oil change. Seller wanted 25k but said he would go 24k at lowest. I offered 22k and walked away after no sale. I ve seen a few at dealers for 23k w similar miles. Is there a difference in price for dealers and private parties these days with diesel trucks? Kbb says 20k but I haven't seen one in this good a shape with low miles for near that. Should I offer 23k and take the 24k if he doesn't budge?
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: Found me a duramax for sale, what do you guys think?

It should be cheeper from private but most people are delusional. I found this not perfect but at a reasonable price
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5397946030.html

Comment

2005 is the dreaded LLY that had overheating issues they were only made for 1.5 years before changing to the LBZ which is a much better engine. I had a 2005 LLY that constantly overheated while towing and eventually blew a head gasket at 114,000 miles. When we pulled the heads they were warped beyond repair. I would look for. 2006+.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Thanks. I read a lot about the different engines and knew the issue with the 05. I have been looking at the 06-07 but it seems the price jumps up a bit as they are more desirable. Having a hard time dropping over 20k for a truck that will see little mileage and tow a few times a year.

Comment

With a duramax near 150k, I'd want to see a new set of injectors on the service history.
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I agree with Mark, I have an 02 with 150K and on it's second set of injectors. A new set of injectors with labor runs about $6,000.
            69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Im on my 2nd set of injectors on my 2001 at 160k. The good bosch ones run about 2k for a set + gaskets ect
              I did them my self took most of a weekend. Watch some utube videos, read up on duramax forums and dive in. Saved me 4k in labor.

Comment

Injectors never done. I'm not wanting to spend a weekend on it or pay the money. I'm holding off in search of an 06

Comment

The injector issue is much better on the later models 04.5 plus, but still a pricey repair. Good luck wit the search.
                  69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Working...
                  X