Shop to rebuild steering gear box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop to rebuild steering gear box?

Does anyone know a good shop that can rebuild a 2007 F350 steering gear box? I don't mean just put new seals in it, something it broken inside. The pitman arm just flops back and forth. Probably has a broken sector shaft.

Re: Shop to rebuild steering gear box?

It would probably be easier to use that as a core and get a reman.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I bought a reman box for my truck. as I recall it was a couple hundred bucks or so, with a good warranty. it's been on my truck for probably at least 100k miles. Came from a local chain, Monument.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Red Head Steering Gear. I believe they are in Portland. They are the best. They send you a reman. You swap them out. You send your old one. They credit you a core charge.

Comment

Second on the Red Head Boxes. They rework the entire box and components to better than factory specs.
          76, DuPont midori sour green, explorer 5.0, Mild built C4, D20, 1 ton steering, 44 w/soft locker 4:11, 9" w/locker, 4.5" lift, 1" NHL Bodylift, Duff front long arm's,4.5 WH front and rear, 35 toyo's, FloFit seats and other dodad's.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
            Red Head Steering Gear. I believe they are in Portland. They are the best. They send you a reman. You swap them out. You send your old one. They credit you a core charge.
            Thanks, I will see if I can find their number and give them a call.

Comment

Here's their website:

http://www.redheadsteeringgears.com

They are in Washington.

Comment

Working...
              X