Hello from the East Bay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the East Bay!

Santa brought me a 69 Bronco- after looking for sometime I found a 69 3rd owner at a good starting point.

I purchased a 96 Exploder off of CL, I plan to swap the motor (efi) and trans into the Bronco and do front a front disc conversion.

Looking for req's on below shops:
    Refresh the 302 motor
    Refresh the 4r70w trans
    Swap the spool out of the 9" and replace it with a more street friendly locker
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 69Bronco; 01-17-2016, 01:10 PM.

Re: Hello from the East Bay!

Welcome......Have fun with your project.....
    Jack
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

What part of the east bay?
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Welcome to Norcal!

Can't help you with East Bay shops as I live in the South Bay... But I have done one Explorer EFI install and working on my second, be happy to give you some pointers if you decide to do it yourself...
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I am in Lamorinda area, South Bay/Sac shops are fine too.

Comment

Welcome!
            89 FSB XLT 5.8 C6 "Bill"

Comment

Welcome, you're not too far away from me.
              As far as shops go - a friend of mine had a pretty nice 347 stroker built by D&M (Napa) in Livermore. They have a full machine shop and the guy who works in there is usually busy, but he knows his stuff. Might be worth a call. Transmission - Mike's Transmissions in Livermore rebuilt the tranny in my pickup truck and its been good for nearly 100K miles; friends have had good luck with him too. I'd imagine if you are bringing him the transmission, that the price won't be too bad. As I recall, a fair chunk of my bill was removal/reinstall.

For the rear end, there may be a couple of guys on this site who could do that for you. I've done a few 9" axles (my bronco, a street rod, and another car), they are not bad, but I don't have the tools (and my friends who do have the tools are hard to track down anymore). Hopefully someone chimes in... its really pretty quick and dirty to set up a 9" diff.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                Welcome, you're not too far away from me.
                As far as shops go - a friend of mine had a pretty nice 347 stroker built by D&M (Napa) in Livermore. They have a full machine shop and the guy who works in there is usually busy, but he knows his stuff. Might be worth a call. Transmission - Mike's Transmissions in Livermore rebuilt the tranny in my pickup truck and its been good for nearly 100K miles; friends have had good luck with him too. I'd imagine if you are bringing him the transmission, that the price won't be too bad. As I recall, a fair chunk of my bill was removal/reinstall.

For the rear end, there may be a couple of guys on this site who could do that for you. I've done a few 9" axles (my bronco, a street rod, and another car), they are not bad, but I don't have the tools (and my friends who do have the tools are hard to track down anymore). Hopefully someone chimes in... its really pretty quick and dirty to set up a 9" diff.
                I'm officially bummed. I have been looking for over a year for a nice project bronco. I was going to be the first to look at your bronco. Unfortatley, I just started a 48 hour shift, and the seller wouldn't hold it for me to come look at. He called the next day to say someone just showed up and bought it. Congratulations. From what the guy explained, seemed like a nice bronco at a good price.

Comment

Welcome! I am in the middle of the same explorer upgrade. Should be good.
                  76, DuPont midori sour green, explorer 5.0, Mild built C4, D20, 1 ton steering, 44 w/soft locker 4:11, 9" w/locker, 4.5" lift, 1" NHL Bodylift, Duff front long arm's,4.5 WH front and rear, 35 toyo's, FloFit seats and other dodad's.

Comment

Welcome.
                    Engine rebuiler I would highly recommend is Main Machine, 2308 Main Ave #2, Concord CA. 925-685-2828
                    He is still old school and and has been building hi perf engines since the late 70's.
                    My 91 5.0 with GT40P heads and 38-308 cam has now clocked 6100 miles.
                    He is the best around but be patient. I think I took it in in March and it came out in August but I had time since I was doing a frame off.
                    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 69Bronco View Post
                      Swap the spool out of the 9" and replace it with a more street friendly locker
                      The best place i have found to do anything with gears is THE REAR END SHOP in livermore.
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X