Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone run JW SPEAKER 8700 series Lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone run JW SPEAKER 8700 series Lights?

I was doing some research on new head lights and was wondering if anyone is running JW SPeaker 8700 Series headlights and how bright are they. I don't really like how they look but I think they would grow on me. I was going to buy a big 40"+ LED bar but the Mall Crawlers have kind of ruined the look for me. I have a 10" Baja Design bar that I am very happy with. I rather spend the money on good head lights then having to buy separate pods. Maybe Wild Horses will chime in since they sell them

Re: Does anyone run JW SPEAKER 8700 series Lights?

My dad has one of these on his Harley. They're 7" headlights and will fit a Bronco. They're super bright and are available from Nightsun 4x4 in black or chrome.
    http://4x4lighting.com/NightSun-HL7-90.jpg
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

We are running a set on "Gramps" (the Blue '76) and I have to say I was impressed the first time I turned them on inside the warehouse. It was broad daylight and still reasonably lit and bright (as much as could be expected) inside the building. Wow!
      Can't vouch for the pattern, but Jim's driven it extensively and says it's a great pattern with fairly flat cutoff and wide coverage. Distance coverage is not an issue, as these are super bright.

Sorry I can't claim any seat time behind them, but from all reports spending that kind of dough does not disappoint.
      I'm sure we don't sell a ton of them, compared to other types, but I've also never heard of a complaint with them either. Which might say something as well.

I'll send myself a reminder e-mail so when I get in on Wednesday this week, I'll check around to see if the others have had any feedback to the contrary, and if Jim has anything to add.

Or if you'd like to find out sooner, just give a call. My normal Monday is toast due to a slightly unexpected family visit. So Wed it is for me this week.

Paul
      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Nope, no complaints that anyone remembers ever hearing. Been selling them for three or so years now I think, so there's been some time for them to get installed hopefully.
        I would think too, if they were generating any comments from owners, the guys spending $100/$200k for Icons would be the first to complain.

The looks are something too, as you mentioned. I think it's very important to the looks to determine whether the Black or the Chrome ones would look the best with your grille or overall paint scheme.
        I know that some look funky with black, but great with the chrome ones. And vice versa.

If you're going to be in the area sometime, you could call ahead to see if the power is hooked up to Gramps. We could pop in the back and take a look at them directly.
        Right now the battery is connected only intermittently, because some electrical work is going on.

Paul
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Cool thanks. It will be a while but I'm always building in my head trying to do research so I don't waste time.

Comment

here's just a quick daylight pic of them on.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0745large.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	272290
            www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

http://www.lmctruck.com/features/fbr/FBRCAB.htm
              Has anybody tried these?

Comment

Working...
              X