Old Barn on a rainy day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Barn on a rainy day.

Something about an old barn on a rainy day. Dry ghosts hide in the corners. Hot summers and cold winters are imprinted in the beams along with faint mixtures of cows breath, horse sweat, long rotted manure and moldy hay. How is this relic still standing? What spirit holds it together?

I knew the man who built this barn. He came here from Sweden in 1900, bought 1000 acres, raised a family and built a huge house and a log church. He would often be in this barn when I stopped by to talk. Taught me most of what I know about livestock. Wish I had asked more questions about things like building a barn.Click image for larger version

Name:	PB010888 - Copy.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	287210
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Henry66; 11-09-2015, 06:23 PM.
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Re: Old Barn on a rainy day.

It's really cool how those old barns are built.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Something tells me that you're quite the storyteller, Henry. Some would say they hung out in a barn for a few minutes. You describe it to take us into the pictures.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Those orbs floating in the darker photos are spirits. I've seen this phenomenon before.
        Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
          Those orbs floating in the darker photos are spirits. I've seen this phenomenon before.
          That pic is the old hog pen under the floor. Could they be spirits of bacon past?

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
            Something tells me that you're quite the storyteller, Henry. Some would say they hung out in a barn for a few minutes. You describe it to take us into the pictures.
            Probably read way too much Louie L'Amour. But I do like to write.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry66 View Post
              That pic is the old hog pen under the floor. Could they be spirits of bacon past?
              I really need to stop asking dumb questions......bacon past....of course they are!
              Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Thats good stuff Henry. Reminds me of when i was a kid playing in the barn at my Grandparents farm back in Pa. It was built by the Amish in 1890. No nails. All holes drilled by hand and wooden pegs. Plus a slate roof. Back when the men were men and the sheep knew it..
                Last edited by rockslut; 11-11-2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

There's a show called "Barnwood Builders" on DIY where a group of guys dismantle barns like that and build new homes or sometimes reassemble the same barns in different locations. The craftsmanship alone is awesome.
                  SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I bet that old lumber would sell quick.
                    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I love old barns. Plenty of them up here in the Gold Country. I always wonder which floor plank is hiding an old Folgers can with some double eagles in them.
                      IronHide: '69 U15 - 408W Stroker, FiTech EFI Dyno'ed 425 hp/ 500 Tq - NP435, Twin Stick D20 w/ AA output shaft, D44 & F 9" w/ ARB's front & rear, 4:88's, 31 Splines, 3" BL / 2" SL, TrailReady BL's on siped Toyo 35's, WH Wrap Trap, BCB Top, Warn Zeon 10, ProtoFabs

Comment

Working...
                      X