Selling toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling toys

Why is it everybody sell their toys when they have kids? I think you should teach your kids to like what you enjoy.
    75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Re: Selling toys

I agree. My boys will be wheelin with me once I finish my new rig.

Comment

I'm not selling, I'm driving.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I don't have kids so I guess I will just have to keep mine. Darn....lol...
        Jack
        73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

I could never understand why people sell their Broncos or non-op them when they have kids either. I have an entire photo album of family pictures on four wheel drive trips with me as a baby. My parents belonged to the Widetrackers and had a 1968 Bronco. My mother still talks about how I was potty trained on four wheel drive trails. Nah, wheeling is in my blood... I'll never quit!
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

while I understand the busy schedule of a young family, I also realize that I will never get back these years with my boys. I just was telling a buddy of mine that his son would remember going for a ride in a clapped out 66 mustang far more than he would ever remember "Dads" car in the garage underneath that dusty, cat piss soaked car cover.

I took my boys through the con this sumer for the first time together (older one had been on day trips to fordyce before) and all I can say is, I waited too long to do it. They are 6/8.

We are already planning what sorta car to build them

Comment

I got to go in the con with my son (2 weeks from 5 years old) this year & I will NEVER EVER forget it. I don't think he will either. He and I always have so much fun in the bronco. Im getting ready to sell my other toy the "angry kitty" just to build my bronco more just to continue the fam & make my wife & daughter enjoy it as much as my son & I do. I'm thinking mid-long travel Bronco...

Comment

My sister just sold a 66 Mustang project upon realizing that with 3 kids in soccer, and the prospect of 3 college educations to pay for on the horizon... dumping money into a car seemed like a less than ideal thing to do. She sat on it for nearly a decade, and sold it for a pretty healthy profit having done nothing to it.

Everybody's situation is different and its easy to judge from afar.

I have no kids but my life has changed quite a bit since I bought my Bronco. While I do not have a pressing need to get some money back out of mine, it is kind of depressing seeing it just sitting in the garage, driven a few times a month and rarely off-road anymore. While I am not ready to sell mine, the idea isn't as objectionable as it once was.

Sometimes people's interests just change. Kids may be the driver of that but any number of other things can drive it too.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

I thought you were supposed to buy a Bronco for each kid and the wife. Getting them on the road is another story.

Jim
                  www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

I'm having a son (first kiddo) in ohhhhh 2 weeks and not selling
                    dave is gonna gonna make me a family cage and ill get some new seat belts and we will be out together by June

Comment

Originally posted by rose916 View Post
                      I'm having a son (first kiddo) in ohhhhh 2 weeks and not selling
                      dave is gonna gonna make me a family cage and ill get some new seat belts and we will be out together by June
                      Have fun. Get as much sleep now as you can.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I have almost sold my toys a few times and still need to sell my mustang.....bronco was the last on the list with my dd/tow rig being first. Its tough renting and having a new baby that needs to go to childcare while my wife and i work. Hopefully her care gets cheaper as she is turning one soon and with childcare the price drops as they get older and dont have as much infant needs.
                        70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Not counting the brand new 84 Bronco I bought in 83 and my 79 ( both sold in 2007), my 74 and my son's 72 are pretty cool machines. Having just toured SEMA it amazes me how much attention the EBs get. You can always find a tricked out Heap or FJ, even an occasional K5 Blazer, but the EB retains its magic.

Since July 2013, after getting mine road worthy via a full engine driveline electrical restomod, I've logged almost 6000 miles on it.
                          Less than 300 miles of that was actual trail driving, And probably 3000 miles were getting to and from camping destinations.
                          Another 1500 miles is logged pulling trailers, dump runs, Home Depot runs etc. leaving the balance to Saturday morning coffee runs.

My advice to Tony, drive it to Starbucks every Saturday morning so you can sit inside and watch how many people walk past it looking. Then you realize, it's not going to waste...people love them, it sparks their dreams.
                          Last edited by Spaceburger; 11-06-2015, 10:36 AM.
                          Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
                            ...Home Depot runs etc. leaving the balance to Saturday morning coffee runs.

My advice to Tony, drive it to Starbucks every Saturday morning so you can sit inside and watch how many people walk past it looking. Then you realize, it's not going to waste...people love them, it sparks their dreams.
                            That's about the extent of what mine does these days!
                            I wanted to work on my hard top over this past summer such that I could have a winterized Bronco this year. That hasn't been compatible with work-related aspirations and a bunch of long-neglected house projects. It's been worthwhile on both fronts, at the expense of Bronco time. As I have said for years though... Broncos are patient creatures.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

TONY just park the car in the garage then the bronco.
                              75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Working...
                              X