Windmill bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windmill bug?

Anybody else here got the windmill bug? I have always wanted one and got two old Aermotors last week. They have captured a great deal of my mind and time. Very similar to when I got my Bronco. Scary.
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Re: Windmill bug?

Got any pics?
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

I will get some up today. In need of several parts and assembly at this point. A model A602 (early) and a model 702. Both with 8 foot wheels, disassembled, and two towers. One 21 foot and one 28 foot. The wheels and tails are in very good shape without bullet holes. One has Phillips & Co, Roseville stenciled on the tail.

Comment

Here are some pics. Obviously a ways to go yet, but I waited for 40 years to get this far. The tower is the smaller 21 footer.Click image for larger version

Name:	PA180850.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	411.2 KB
ID:	272147Click image for larger version

Name:	PA180851.JPG
Size:	414.6 KB
ID:	272148Click image for larger version

Name:	PA180853.JPG
Size:	411.5 KB
ID:	272149Click image for larger version

Name:	PA180855.JPG
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	272150

Comment

Nice......thanks for the pics.
          73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

This is cool, i'll be watching this. Always been interested in a setup like this.
            1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

I just got back from Rio Oso with the 30 foot tower. I took the 10 foot stub tower off and put it in back of the flatbed because I was chicken to haul a 30 foot tower on a 16 foot trailer. (Still a scary load at 20 feet.) They are assembled with square head 9/16 bolts and 5/8 nuts. I actually had a 5/8 square socket. Pics are leaving the farm and then at home. The fire greeted me on arrival. It is small and creeping.
              Attached Files

Comment

Are you going to run anything with them or just set them up for looks? Either way, they are pretty cool. My mom has a working scale model that her dad built as a hobby many years ago. It is strictly just for show, but its a conversation piece in my parents yard in suburbia.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

My long time dream is to have one of them out in the field pumping water to an overflow tank for stock and irrigation. I can get a decent well at about 50 to 60 feet.
                  Last edited by Henry66; 10-21-2015, 04:40 AM.

Comment

I think that you and I have some things in common, Henry. But this site is so much more pleasant when we don't dive down the political rabbit hole... whatever you do, it seems like a kinda fun hobby. All things mechanical are interesting.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Thank you for the words of wisdom. I covered up the rabbit hole.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                        I think that you and I have some things in common, Henry. But this site is so much more pleasant when we don't dive down the political rabbit hole... whatever you do, it seems like a kinda fun hobby. All things mechanical are interesting.
                        This right here sums up my relationship with my dad, mom, brother, aunts, probably more than half my friends, almost all of my coworkers............etc......etc.......etc. hahahaah
                        1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

That wasn't my intention. I'm not the site police. Lol
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Working...
                          X