Computer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help

I need a new computer. Not really computer savy. What brands should I look at? I have had a few dells.what must haves? Really don't want to spend more then $ 6-700.00
    Thanks for any help.
    Jack
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Re: Computer help

Buy Hp for a desktop

Comment

Jack, what specific needs do you have for a computer? IE... any software beyond basic email/web stuff? And I am assuming that you are looking for something Windows-based?

I bought a Toshiba Satellite (laptop) that came with Windows 8 (which I think is terrible), and I recently upgraded it to Windows 10 (which has been an improvement). The laptop build quality is decent, it is relatively thin and lightweight, display quality is good. Are you looking for a laptop or a desktop?

This being said, I bought an Android-based tablet 2 years ago and I use it far more frequently than I use my laptop anymore. It is an 8" tablet which is about perfect. I use it on the couch, in the kitchen, and I even take it out into the garage so I can view information/instructions when working on stuff out there. If it had a full size keyboard, it would probably damn near replace my PC. Its so portable, battery life is fantastic. It's only real limitation is storage space... so storing lots of photos isn't possible.

If you have reliable high speed internet service, have you looked at chromebooks? They are pretty neat and not very expensive. They are basically just a terminal and most of your apps live in the cloud (hence the need for high speed internet).
      Last edited by CityHick; 09-25-2015, 05:52 AM.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Want me to bring something from Fry's on my way up with the gas tanks?
        They've usually got decent prices, and with e-mailed specials, can be even better. However, getting something locally where you can go back and complain when it doesn't live up to expectations can be priceless.

Paul
        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

I have only ever had a desktop. Kind of interested in looking at a laptop.mostly E mail and Web serching. What should I look for in a laptop? Chromebooks looking interesting but think I will stick with windows. Thinking I would like windows 10.
          Thanks
          Jack
          Last edited by Action; 09-25-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

We've been buying off lease dell's for work and home, solid computers, typically 3ish years old.http://dellrefurbished.com/?utm_sour...=general-promo
            John Foottit
            1970 Bronco 5.8SEFI, ZF S5-42, 203, 205, 5.38 Detroit'd Dana 60's, 38.5 TSL/SX's, 107" Wheelbase, Body Narrowed 6", Grill Narrowed 13", Body Stretched 9"

Comment

Thanks everyone....just now getting a computer going again. now i can get back with the bronco thing....the phone was no good for me....I am trying a laptop with windows 10....way different then my desk top with windows 7. so wish me luck.
              Jack

Comment

Working...
              X