anyone dealt with bad paint shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone dealt with bad paint shop?

I have a 66 Mustang that was damaged in the 2014 Napa quake. It was covered under insurance & went out for repair at a shop my friend recommended. It was at the shop for almost a being repainted, mainly because the shop was slow. When i picked it up there were several small scratches, runs, etc. The agreement was made to fix it in the winter. When I drove it home the left rear tire fell off as the lugs weren't tightened down, bending the fender but luckily nobody was hurt. Car was towed back to the shop and they were supposed to fix all the issues. When I picked it up fri the owner pointed out a sag and said they would fix it in 90 days after the clear hardend. I was so mad I didnt even want to do a walk around. At home I found many of the scratches looked like they were fixed with a brush and looked bad. You can see other spots in the jambs where they tried to spot fix the paint and now a line of clear coat can be seen. The shop made close to 10k between me and insurance and it looks horrible. Im waiting to hear from the insurance but I do not want the car to ever go back in that shop again. Anyone with similar experience?
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: anyone dealt with bad paint shop?

Yep.....always pick the paint shop and just take what the insurance will give ya and make up the difference.

Hopefully your insurance company will step up.

Turn in a complaint to the Cal bureau of automotive repair.
    Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about crappie experience. For 10k you should have a very nice paint job. Even to do a complete Mustang outside restoration paint job $10,000 is a fair amount of money. Delivering crappy work is never acceptable. As a painter myself I hate hearing stories like this. CT Performance is right!! Turn that shop in!

Comment

still working on a resolution. I just started a new job and havent had much free time. The shop offered to give some money back or repaint it again.

Comment

Good luck.I hope it all works out for you.
          Congrats on your new job!

Comment

So 15mos later and three trips to the paint shop and it still is not right. The shop tried to fill in scratches with a brush then buff it out, but its still noticeable. Some areas that needed fixing were not even touched. I think I've given the shop plenty of chances. Has anyone gone through the small claims process before?

Comment

That sucks.
              Concerning the small claims process - my parents took a painter to small claims court in Sacramento County. They had him paint their 38 Ford Truck (hot rod) and he did a terrible job of it. The judge heard the case and ruled in my parents' favor, however when all was said and done they got a token amount... $500ish as memory serves, from the painter. They took it and went on their way. They ended up paying for two paint jobs, basically.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Working...
              X