red lakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red lakes?

Anyone of you Fresno guys, Or anyone for that matter. Have any info on red lakes. Trail in, fishing,camping? A friend wants to check it out.
    Thanks
    Jack
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Re: red lakes?

Originally posted by Action View Post
    Anyone of you Fresno guys, Or anyone for that matter. Have any info on red lakes. Trail in, fishing,camping? A friend wants to check it out.
    Thanks
    Jack
    Red Lake is on the Coyote Lake trail. Red Lake is about the half way point on your way to Coyote Lake. This is one of my favorite trails! I've never fished in Red Lake, but I see people fishing there all the time, so I assume that there is fish in it. You can camp right at the lake. Fire pits and a pit toilet right at the lake. I'm sure you would enjoy it!

Comment

I spent a few days up there and did quite a few of the lake trails. We did Coyote lake and Red lake one of the days. The Swamp Lake loop was the most difficult and took most of the day. There are several lakes and trails in that area. According to the USDA site, all the good trails are closed right now. You may need to do some research to find out the updated status of them. The 4WDCFRESNO has some good info. Here's a couple of links.

Mark

http://www.4wdcfresno.net/2015/index
      .php

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sierra...telprdb5315989
      Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Red Lake is a beautiful place and probably accessible in a lot of stock 4x4s. Just beyond it is where it gets a little more difficult as you head up towards Coyote - primarily its just a very tight trail in spots. I love that area, if I was closer I would go up there often. Really want to go back this year!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

The Red-Coyote trail is scheduled to open June 15. It may open sooner this year. Bald mtn opened today but was scheduled to open May 15.

Comment

Pretty easy trail over all. Red is a pretty lake. But I don't like that the trail runs between the lake and the camp sites. i.e. there will be rigs running between you and the lake. Its also a bin day trip trail which means there are quite a few people that will be in and out all day. I would recommend going all the way up to coyote lake. Red lake is only 2 or 3 miles down the trail and coyote is only a few more miles Past red lake. I would highly recommend you heading all the way up to coyote lake. Much more camping sites that are even nicer with more privacy and the lake is way bigger and nicer.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
              73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Working...
              X