Code Reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Reader

Does anyone have a scanner/code reader for a '02 F250?

I'm due for a smog and my check engine light came on after I switched to my stock tune on my DP-Tuner. I can clear it for awhile via battery disconnect, but....

Also, who do you diesel guys in my area (Roseville) go to for a smog?

TIA
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Re: Code Reader

The smog station off Harding by Goodyear tire is the best, no BS and they over look small shit also very fast

Comment

I have an OBD2 code scanner if you need it.
      '75 Bronco in the works..
      '69/2012 FJ40 with some stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleXL View Post
        I have an OBD2 code scanner if you need it.
        That'd be great! Thanks!
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

I have an OBII scanner too if you need it.

Comment

I bought a tiny handheld OBDII scanner to carry around in my pickup truck for around $30 at autozone. It combined with the little handbook that it comes with will tell you everything you need to know. There are more expensive ones that have code definitions onboard, but for the price I am happy with the one I have. Its a handy tool.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Get yourself a used Snap-On MT2500. You can read and clear codes, read all engine data, check contribution do buzz tests etc. You can find them for $200-300with correct modules and, keys and cables.
              Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Man it's so hard to go back to conventional obd readers after you've used oem software. The cheap ones will let you check faults and may let you monitor some generic pids, the next level up may let you monitor a little more and may give you some bidirectional control like commanding koeo and koer fault retrieval.The next level up like the snap on stuff may let you do cylinder performance, relative compression, cylinder cut out and some output state commands but it still won't have all pids available to you. Oem software will let you monitor everything on the vehicle and some virtual sensors and give you output state control on every output available along with all the programming and wire wiggle tests. As was mentioned before, I agree that the older snap on stuff is the best bang for the buck because it can be had pretty cheap and will probably give you about as much control as you can get over some of the older product. Just depends on what your end goal is and how much you plan to use it. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X