Alaska or Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska or Canada?

Trying to plan a fishing trip/vacation to Alaska or Canada. Anyone have any tips? Looking into Lake Moraine or Homer Alaska so far. Thanks!
    fishmouth-fabworks.com

Re: Alaska or Canada?

Alaska! Them damn Canucks can't be trusted around women or beer!
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

It's actually woman can't be trusted around the Canucks after they drink all your beer.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Go to Homer in June or July, I don't know where Lake Moraine is but in Homer you can do some sea fishing(where the big fish are). Much better than little lake fish! I just went to Kodiak in September. It was a little late for fishing but in June/July all the fish are running including King Salmon and Halibut!
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
          Go to Homer in June or July, I don't know where Lake Moraine is but in Homer you can do some sea fishing(where the big fish are). Much better than little lake fish! I just went to Kodiak in September. It was a little late for fishing but in June/July all the fish are running including King Salmon and Halibut!
          Mmmmmm halibut. Any good recommendations for lodges?
          fishmouth-fabworks.com

Comment

Couldn't help ya there... We stayed with our friends at Port Bailey... There's lots of housing there but they don't actually rent lodge space though.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I have always wanted to catch a halibut so big you had to shoot it to get it in the boat. And they are delicious too.
              Last edited by Henry66; 12-19-2013, 12:52 PM.
              Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Apparently they call the big ones barn doors and they get to be about the size of a sheet of plywood. But you don't wanna eat those because they're the breeders and don't taste good at all. The biggest one we caught on a long line was about 45 lbs. and is good eating! We came back with 45 lbs of Halibut and King Salmon in a box that flew on the same plane as a checked bag.
                Attached Files

Comment

http://captainstevesfishinglodge.com/

Comment

Southeast Alaska, Port Alexander. Fishermensinn.com
                    Kevin was a long liner for years and now has a nice float plane..will fly you anywhere you want to go. Search my FB friends list ...you can reach him that way too.
                    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Lake moraine as in Banff National park, 1.5 hrs from my place in Calgary, 15 min from my current job site, hop and skip out of Banff (tourist trap for all the good reasons), never heard of fishing out of Lake Moraine... It's more of a Picturesque kinda lake.

As much as you would fit in with the local pretty girls, I say you be better off with the fishing in Alaska.

Comment

I was in Alaska in 2000 had some fresh Halibut cooked at the boat race, Taste flavor and texture totally different from what we get hear.
                        1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Commercial caught halibut can sit on a fishing boat for a day or two. When we caught ours they were cleaned, filleted, vacuum packed and in the freezer within an hour. Fresh is always better than store bought!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X