OBD2 reader question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD2 reader question

So I'm considering accepting the 20th century and buying a OBD2 reader....What are you guy's using and how do you like it?

Thanks,
    Pat

Re: OBD2 reader question

I have one of the wifi enabled readers that works with my iphone, just handy for me to have it link to the iphone.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Cheap Kragen one works just fine
      1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Comment

Used Snap-On MT2500, $200-300 used.
        Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Just throwing this out there... Some vehicles will display OBDII codes without using a reader. With my 2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 you just key the ignition switch (on-off-on-off-on) and it would display codes on the odometer readout. Pretty handy actually. Then just Google the code to get a basic idea of what's going on. Other newer vehicles might have similar systems.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I too spent about $150 on a OBII reader that does Wi-Fi. IT also uses the software on my laptop and its cool to see the sensors literally working so I can see some of their outputs without hooking up a meter
            Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

I've got a couple for sale Pat, if you want to go that way. Don't know what area you're in, but you're welcome to come by, or we can meet up somewhere for you to check them out.
              Actually I've got the full scanner type and the little simple ones that just tell you what's going on. Those last are more for people that aren't really going to do anything about it, so much as want to know what's going on before they take it in to be fixed. But they're great for the parents or non-technical kids and spouses to keep in the trunk.

One of the scanners is used (does used once count? ), one is still sealed up in the package. Both are good quality reader/scanners by Actron and Innova.

If you're in the South Bay this evening, stop on by the Sunnyvale meet-n-greet and have some pizza and scan your car too!

By the way, whatcha scanning? I just did a '98 Towncar yesterday and for the first time I saw the KOEO and KOER tests listed right in the screen. Pretty cool I thought.

Paul
              Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
              www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
              68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Thanks for all the information guy's. After reading all the feedback and throwing darts at the board, I went with the Actron CP9580A.....

No particular reason to buy one, other than to help other guy's out

Thanks for all the help

Pat

Comment

Working...
                X