Northern CA fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern CA fires

Has anybody been up to the 'Con and surrounding areas since the "Rim Fire" and others have been burning in the past week or so? South Lake Tahoe was reporting less than 1 mile visibility due to the smoke, and I am hearing that much of the area to the north of the fire has extremely poor air quailty.

I am off this coming week, want to take the Bronco out for at least one trip this year before I forget why I built it and do something stupid like sell it.

How about the Shaver Lake area? Any reports on conditions down there? It's a ways south and the smoke cloud seems to be going north.

Thanks in advance guys!
    -T
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Re: Northern CA fires

I was up there yesterday with Ryan. Very smokey in the morning then cleared up by the afternoon. We rode our Honda 50's from the chalet to Taquila Turn on the big slose in under 2.5 hours! Talk about a kick butt trip!
    Leave No One Behind
    KK6AUW

Comment

Its insane...1/4 mile and you do not want to be outside!
      It gets worse every afternoon.
      Attached Files
      Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Spent the weekend at Gerle Creek CG. Fri eve-night was hazy and a bit smokey. Sat woke up to heavy smoke that didn't blow out till afternoon. Sun woke up to blue skies, as we headed down the hill it got worse and worse to heavy smoke at Hwy 50. Down around Placerville it cleared up and I could see over 100 miles to the other side of the valley and Mt. Diablo through a slight haze. So to sum it up, it depends on where you are, what the wind is doing and how dense the air is. CRAP SHOOT!! We enjoyed ourselves at the CG all weekend, haze or no haze.
        sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

Originally posted by ProudPapa View Post
          I was up there yesterday with Ryan. Very smokey in the morning then cleared up by the afternoon. We rode our Honda 50's from the chalet to Taquila Turn on the big slose in under 2.5 hours! Talk about a kick butt trip!
          I saw this with my own eyes, very exausting...
          sigpic

Comment

Coming from Reno, the last couple of days it has cleared up a little but we have been socked in with California smoke for the last 2 weeks. All the schools have been canceling any outside activities.

Comment

Originally posted by TWISTER View Post
              I saw this with my own eyes, very exausting...
              It was good to see you up there. Your ride is looking great!
              Leave No One Behind
              KK6AUW

Comment

Thanks Patrick!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X