battery shop in Sac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery shop in Sac

Any one know of a good battery shop in Sacramento?
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Re: battery shop in Sac

There is Battery Bills downtown that I have dealt with for years for work, but last time in, the woman behind the counter wasn't the most pleasant person to deal with. And we were trying to buy just under a grand in batteries. Instead I tried out batteries plus over on Greenback by the Sunrise Mall and they were great.
    Last edited by Sac '68 sport; 08-23-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Whatcha need? Lots o places depending....
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

We use batteries plus also at work.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

thanks guys, it's not for me; one of my troops lives in sac and he has been going rounds with a used Beemer. His battery died today and he was shopping at the "normal" places like autozone. He was being given numbers like $189 for a battery and of course they were pushing Ultimas. So I was just trying to find him a battery shop that would steer him right and not try to rape his wallet.
          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I had the same problem last year for the wife's BMW , the problem was BMW had some strange patent on their battery's unfortunately I ended up getting one from BMW

Comment

Fawk ultimas! I went with the Odessy batt from sears, 120 iirc
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I just found out that the Optima's they sell now are AGM batteries. The originals were gel cel and would, last 5+ years. The new AGM Optima's suck. I have a Redtop Optima that is about 1.5 years old. Since I started upgrading my axles last September it has slowly gone dead to the point where it wouldn't come back no matter what. I'm pretty disappointed in them. I'll definitely try a Die Hard platinum next.
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Optima has never bin a gel battery but they did change something in the last ten years because the new ones are crap. I like this battery and its 2pounds
                  http://www.batterystuff.com/batterie...stz14s-fp.html

Comment

Working...
                  X