Anyone do hydroboost brakes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do hydroboost brakes??

Anyone skilled at and want to do hydroboost brake job? I've got limited time and I don't think my mechanic friend has enough time to help add power brakes. If you've done it before with success and want to work on my bronco, please let me know what it'd cost -- parts and labor. I'm ok with used but good condition parts. I'm located near Turlock.
    Thanks,
    -Cody

Re: Anyone do hydroboost brakes??

My bronco is a 75 and the master cyl I believe is stock.

Comment

I would suggest you go with the WH kit.. I tried doing this with junkyard parts and had constant issues... But then again that was after I added a steering ram. I believe the aftermarket(Vanco?) hydro boost units are drilled for higher flow.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I installed the Wildhorses kit. No parts scrounging. Everything installed without any issues. Super easy and didn't take all that much time. The extra money was sure worth the ease of instalation. Not to mention time saved looking for parts to source to piece a system together.
        Nothing wrong with that, just dont seem to have that kinda time.....
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
            I installed the Wildhorses kit. No parts scrounging. Everything installed without any issues. Super easy and didn't take all that much time. The extra money was sure worth the ease of instalation. Not to mention time saved looking for parts to source to piece a system together.
            Nothing wrong with that, just dont seem to have that kinda time.....

DITTO!!!!
            I like putting parts together and making them work but sometimes you just want to take shit outta the box and install it. Not to mention if you aren't familiar with Hydro Boost systems then it also becomes a safety factor. If you have the money and not the time then go with WH.
            sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

I went the JY route and it wasn't too bad to install either but you do have to put in the time finding all the correct fittings, fabracating the mount etc. If you got the dough, WH has done all that work for you. Install yourself shouldn't be that bad at all.

Comment

Working...
              X