Globalization at its finest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globalization at its finest

I was given a 408 number to reach a support rep at a major Silicon Valley IT vendor, direct email too. His email tagline gives a San Jose street address. All indications are that I'd be working with a strong US-based support representative to resolve a gigantic customer-facing clusterf#ck at work today. WRONG! The number clearly forwards direct to India, and connects an extremely low-skilled resource at that.

Dude is a complete moron who cannot think outside of his little micro-managed box for even 2 seconds. Refers to scripts and gets vocally pissed off when I ask questions he's not prepared to answer. Instead of saying "yes", he consistently responds with "si" and mixes in a few other Spanish words, which sound very odd coming from someone in his geography. WTF???

So anyway... "Peggy" is real folks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ

TGIF. I need beer.

1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Re: Globalization at its finest

yeah America
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Yup... gotta love that corporate greed! Why hire an American when you can employ 4 people in India for the same amount? I always ask to be transferred to somebody here, plus I prefer to not give my business to companies that outsource.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Dell or HP, LOL.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
          Dell or HP, LOL.
          Nope... but I should probably stay vague before I say too much!
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Same thing goes with McAfee. You dial their San Jose number and get Iyogi in India (or wherever) which is their associated tech resource I guess.
            But then all they want to do is sell you a new copy of the program, plus several other need-to-have programs, and their 100+ a year tech service. Yuck.

One good thing came out of my conversation with them though. As they tried to diagnose my issue through their remote control method, I was able to watch the step-by-step and blow-by-blow method the guy used. Seems that they like to use the free online versions of programs like Malwarebytes and others!

No thanks please...

Paul
            Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
            www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
            68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

'merica!
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Working...
              X