Eastwood Paint Retailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastwood Paint Retailer

Anyone know of a local (San Jose or Bay Area) shop that carries Eastwood Automotive Paints?

I've searched online until my eyes are blurry and can't find anything, so thinking it's only available through there site. The problem is I need to color match to some powder coated parts I have and need it asap, so really need to look at the stuff in person. I will call them tomorrow, but hoping for local alternatives that are equal or even better quality than Eastwood.

Thanks,
    Brian

Re: Eastwood Paint Retailer

Does it have to be Eastwood? Any automotive paint shop should be able to match the color of your powdercoated parts. Eastwood does appear to have some good stuff but I don't have any experience with it.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Any good alternative is fine, but need a rattle can option since I don't have a paint sprayer set up and axles are too heavy to take them to a shop.
      Last edited by 68EBSport; 07-10-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Eastwood sells direct only. Their paint products are good but like Efibroncoman said, you can get good paint color matched at nearly any auto paint shop. You might also try paintscratch.com. I got a bottle of touch up paint from them that matches my EB perfectly (granted it's an OEM GM color). I believe they sell through local vendors as my paint from them came from a place somewhere around Oakland as I recall.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Personally I think Kimball Midwest sells some of the best spray paint I've seen.. There is way more paint in each can than anything I've ever seen plus it seems to self-level really well. They also ship really fast too. I think they must have a local warehouse because I've ordered paint before and had it on my doorstep in two days.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

A auto paint shop can put any color you make up in a spray can for you. You could probably look through the color chips n fined your color so you don't have to pay then to color match

Comment

They also have a two part catalyst clear rattle can that dries much harder than normal rattle can paint. It works really good to finish off small projects without a paint gun!

Comment

Anyone have a brand preference/experience?

The options I'm thinking:

Finishmasters for color match and use make shift spray can to apply

Paint from auto parts or box store (O'reilly, Autozone, Lowes or Home Depot). Don't want to use it if it's just going to flake off, but will buy it if it's just as good as other options.

Remember just for axles and not a show truck, so just want it to look decent and not flake off.

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                  Eastwood sells direct only. Their paint products are good but like Efibroncoman said, you can get good paint color matched at nearly any auto paint shop. You might also try paintscratch.com. I got a bottle of touch up paint from them that matches my EB perfectly (granted it's an OEM GM color). I believe they sell through local vendors as my paint from them came from a place somewhere around Oakland as I recall.
                  I ordered some touch up paint from paintscratch.com and it came from san leandro color. So I tend to go directly there now; although they can have an attitude at times.

Comment

A friend of mine went to the trouble of totally stripping his rig's axles, priming them with an etching primer then painting them with a single stage polyurethane, gloss black automotive paint. This is overkill for what most of us are after, however his axles look really nice and the finish is a lot more durable than a rattlecan job.

I guess my point here is if you're going to the trouble of finding a quality paint - something better than rustoleum spray bombs... do the job right, get the housings REALLY clean, prime them and then hit them with some paint. Your concerns about paint flaking off and such will be mitigated when proper, complete prep is performed. Paint typically flakes due to improper surface prep. It'll scratch up when you're 4-wheeling but should not flake (much).
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Working...
                    X