• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Party in San Jose

Hello all,

What needs to be done:

- Assemble painted axle assemblies front and rear

- Remove old drum axle assembly (front & rear) and replace with disc axle assembly.

- Modify brakes system as needed for switch to disc

In an ideal/dream world, what I would also like:

- Install hydoboost system (have Astrovan), so whole system is done at once

Probably more important, the pulley system I have set-up to remove my hardtop (which is currently holding up my roll cage) failed, so my roll cage is precariously hanging where my wife parked her car. The roll cage is about 1" to tall to fit under my hardtop, so the plan was to cut off the bottom plates and weld on new ones so it fits under my hard top. And with enough people take off the top and at least place the cage in my Bronco and put the top back on.

I'm having another surgery for my spinal injury next Friday (6/28), so will do everything I can before then to prep my axles (though I welcome any help), so they are set to go, but won't be much help after that, besides providing food, beer and whatever else I can use to bribe any helpers.

I haven't been able to do much since my injury, so if nothing else I would at least like to get the roll cage secured so my wife can park in the garage again. She's just about the most understanding wife in the world, especially with my injury, and I don't want to press my luck.

Thank you all if advance for at least considering and respond if you can help, with dates you are available.

-Brian
    Last edited by 68EBSport; 07-24-2013, 04:44 PM.

Re: Build Party in San Jose

Next two weekends are booked, but after that I can help.

Jim

Comment

I'd be happy to come by and help secure the cage in the garage. After this weekend I'll be tied up for a few weeks.
      We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Comment

Put me down after June
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
          Put me down after June
          X2. Toss some dates out there.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

I'll try to make this after June as well
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I replied on the Yahoo group, I'm in if it fits in with my rotating schedule....
              1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy View Post
                I'd be happy to come by and help secure the cage in the garage. After this weekend I'll be tied up for a few weeks.
                I'd be happy to assist with this too. I'm off at 4pm on the days I work. Let me know when you want to do this and we will work out a time that works. I'm off for the next few days if that works. Will be on the Delta on Thursday but home mid afternoon.
                1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

I'll try to make it if I'm available.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies. Since the first weekend of July is right after the 4th, I'm guessing the second weekend would be best. So, how does the weekend of July 13th & 14th work?

-Brian

Comment

Thanks to Brad and Peter cage is up in the rafters and garage is clear for now. Really appreciate it. You guys are awesome!

Looking forward to build party.

Comment

Re: Build/Pool Party in San Jose

Hi All,

I wanted to check back in to see if July 13th is going to work for a build party. All of the parts will be prepped or purchased by then, but I will need help assembling the axles before install as previously said.

I also have a pool, so since it is summer time and kids are home you are welcome to bring your kids if there is an adult that can watch them why we work on the Bronco.

Let me know,
                        -Brian

Comment

I am doing tough mudder that day.
                          I cant attend then but dont change the date for me. all I do is show up and eat pizza and drink your sodas
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Looks like this weekend isn't going to work for the build party. How does the weekend after next, July 27th and/or 28th work for everyone?

If that date doesn't work, throw out another one. Eager to get my Bronco rolling again.

-Brian

Comment

Should be ok for me. For at least part of the day anyway.
                              I'd probably better stay out of the pool though. Not conducive to efficiency in work delegation.

Paul
                              Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                              www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                              68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Working...
                              X