Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaskan Cruise

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
    Take (and share) lots of pictures! Akaska is on my list. Have fun.
    If I have to
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I went on the same cruise and ship a couple of weeks ago. Make reservations for the brazilian steak house and Tepanaki asap. they fill up fast. Cost is a little extra, but worth it. Also check at the front desk about the Chefs private dinner and wine tasting. I believe it's $70-80 xtra but fantiastic. 8 courses of world class food with paired wine. Only 12 people on a boat of 3000 get to do this. I would definatley do this again. Also, if you go to the art auctions you get free all you can drink champagne for the duration of the art auction. If you don't have a balcony room, you need one!!!!! Call the cruise line every couple days for upgrades. They start throwing room upgrades at you for super cheap. We stayed on the 8th floor, balcony near the rear. If you can get a balcony on the back of the boat you get to see all of the views, not just the one side. This is important for glacier bay ( Badd Ass). Also much better being on a balcony than on the deck with everyone else (warm!!!). Also they will offer special alcoholic coffee drinks delivered to your room for the glacier . The on ship entertainment is pretty good. They do a wine tasting show with lotsa wine and a Jersey Boys type show that my wife loved (saw it twice). It was pretty good.
      Last edited by blwngsket; 06-06-2013, 07:37 AM.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Excursions.
        In Ketchican we did the Bearing Sea Crab Fishing Tour. It was at the dock. No bus. Very cool. The Boat and the Captain were on the first couple of seasons of Deadliest Catch. Along with the crab fishing ( Not far out to sea at all) they feed Bald Eagles. Hundreds of them. Like bay area seaguls there's so many. Pretty cool. Bring a camera. At the end of town (to the right from the boat) 1 block up from the docks by the lumberjack show there's a fish n chips restaurant. Holy shit good..........

Juneau we went to the Mendenhal Glacier. Walked the trail to the falls. flat easy walk. Then went to the Red Dog Saloon. Great alaskan beers. Tons of history. One of Wyatt Earps guns is hanging over the bar. Turns out he left for the Yukon too early to pick it up and never made it back to pick it up. Sawdust on the floor, live music, very cool.....

Skagway we took a bus up to white pass into Canada (Yukon) and then the train back through the pass back to Skagway where the bus picked us up and took us to the Liarsville Salmon Bake (this is the shorter Yukon Tour). Good all you can eat food. They have a dog there that is the size of a freakin bear.. It ended with a tour of the local whorehouse/bar ( no longer an operational house). I wanted to do the 4x4 Heep Tour but this was my suprise B Day trip and my wife did the planning. Everything was kept Secret Squirel.

Victoria we walked into town and just shopped and ate. Really nice place. Don't pay for the bus or cab. It's a 10-15 min walk into town. After you pass thru customs walk out to the street and go left. Follow it to town.

We stayed an extra night in seattle to avoid the mad rush tryin to get off of the boat, get luggage and get a cab to the airport (ZOO!!!!). This allows you to mark your luggage for the last disembark (SP?) time. Can you say sleep in??? Most people will be gone. Just make sure you get to the buffet for breakfast before they close down. Rember this. "Washy Washy". You'll understand when your there. Stayed close to the docks so we could walk to the fish market and the space needle. You get into seattle in the morning and I always liked downtown Seattle.

Something else to think about. The line to get on the boat takes FOREVER!!!!! Deb had a cast on her arm and we got a wheelchair pass to the front of the line, thru customs ( we got on in Vancouver) and to our stateroom.. Not sayin you should do this, But, a possible hip or knee issue could come in handy. Look for where the wheel chair guys hang out. Up front, around the doors near the check in counters or ask one of the people near the entrance. Just sayin.

I know there's more I'm missing. If you have any questions hit me up.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Thanks Tony
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
            If I have to
            Well... you have to have fun. Pictures are just a friendly request...
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

You Guy's and Gal's all behave while I am gone see ya in ....... well when I decide to come back.

Comment

Have fun Bud!!!

Comment

Soak it in and enjoy.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                  X