Windows 8 Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 Rant

I wish I could put into words how my experience with Windows8 has changed my computer enjoyment.

Let me just make this analogy:

It is like walking out the door to get in your Bronco and finding a big, fat, ugly Hummer II (sans wheels and axles, 'cause 8 will get you nowhere) sitting in its place.
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Re: Windows 8 Rant

I hate to admit it but im running windows 8 at work and I like it now.
    Took me a month of 8 hour days to figure it out, but I like it.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
      I hate to admit it but im running windows 8 at work and I like it now.
      Took me a month of 8 hour days to figure it out, but I like it.
      psychology: people like things that they figure out.

when it comes to computers, I don't want to figure it out. I spend money so that I don't have to figure things out.
      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I spend money so that I don't have to figure things out.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!

Comment

My 3 year old Toshiba Satellite had a major issue and lost the ability to go on without a major cost. It was much cheaper to replace it so I picked up a new Laptop a couple of weeks ago with Windows 8. I'm really trying to figure it out. I have the option to go back and have them uninstall the 8 and install the windows 7. Gonna give it a couple more weeks and see....
          1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
            My 3 year old Toshiba Satellite had a major issue and lost the ability to go on without a major cost. It was much cheaper to replace it so I picked up a new Laptop a couple of weeks ago with Windows 8. I'm really trying to figure it out. I have the option to go back and have them uninstall the 8 and install the windows 7. Gonna give it a couple more weeks and see....
            HP would not let me go back. The computer was a warranty replacement and they said 8 was my only option. I find it non intuitive, random and full of dead ends. After 4 months I am really sick of it. May give it to my daughter (if she will take it) and find something I like.

Comment

I left the Windows world completely years ago. Kicked my Del home unit out the front door, flung my Toshiba laptop out the window not long after the Del went flying and got a Mac. Ive never looked back. No virus or malware bs so I also said good bye to MCafee and all the other worthless security programs. 90% of all Windows issues, after the first 6 months of working the bugs out of each new version (lol) is virus and malware vulnerability. All Windows versions, from day one, have been and still are, magnets for both, IMO....BB
              Last edited by Bronco Billy; 04-20-2013, 02:35 PM.
              BB's Profile http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/member.php?u=3693

Comment

Working...
              X