Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in from Iraq

Howdy all,

Greetings from Iraq. I'm finally here and getting settled. All is well.

Funny thing is I think I broke my Bronco before I left. I was driving to the gas station to top off the fuel, took off from a stop light and my transmission stopped shifting. It'll go into Drive and Reverse, but won't shift out of 1st. It's a AOD. I don't know if it's something simple to fix or if it's a really bad break. Anybody have any idea?

Good to hear from you Mike! Glad you made it there in one piece. Keep us updated on what and how you're doing!

Comment

Yeah good to hear everything is well..

As Far as the Bronco goes.... It's just pissed that you were putting her up on jack stands for a year.. She wants to run with the other horses.. Women do that kind of shit just to make you think of them while you are gone.
      Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Mike, hope you had a nice Christmas and have a safe 2007.
        I'm transmission challenged so I can't help, but I hope someone on here can.
        Take care

Comment

Good to hear from you Mike. Keep your head down brother!!

I am a manual tranny guy.
          1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Good to hear from you Mike. We all miss you already. Stay strong, and we will see you when you get home.
            Sorry to hear about the trany. I'm also a manual guy, so I'm no help at all. All I know is that I really like the auto in my F-150, and if I ever have an issue with it, it will go straight to the shop.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Glad you had a safe trip...thanks for all you do Mike, I really don't have the words to express my thanks to you guys. Have a SAFE New Year

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I second what delta said, God Bless! And Thank You!
                Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

I third what Delta said. I'll ask around about the tranny.

Rick-
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

And I will put a fourth in. Thanks Mike! Take it easy over there and be safe.

Comment

5X, Mike glad to see you there safe and sound. Thanks again for your awesome service. Our freedoms are because of people like you. God Bless you and your family.
                      In regards to your EB I am clueless but will be happy to organize a pull the tranny party when you get back
                      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Thanks everybody. I appreciate the support.

Comment

How long are you going to be their Mike??
                          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

THANK YOU to you, your family and your fellow soldiers! BE safe and Happy New Year.

Sean
                            '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

keep safe, know I couldnt do what you do! Godspeed man!

Comment

Working...
                              X